Review by Don Pwai -- The Hand Bringer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Don Pwai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-don-pwai.html
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi

Review by Don Pwai -- The Hand Bringer

Post by Don Pwai »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Hand Bringer" by Christopher J. Penington.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The novel The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Pennington is a novel that uncovers humanity mission to destroy vampires who are out to destroy the world. The vampires are multiplying rapidly and poses a threat to the human race. They bite humans and infect them with a virus that makes them to portray primal behaviour. Thereafter, the bitten humans succumb to death. The leading character Peter Hadrian is the only living person to have survived the attacks. His wife had been murdered in cold blood by the vampires. An action must be taken hard and fast lest the monstrous vampires will multiply and put the lives of human race and the posterity in jeopardy. Being the only persons resistant to the vampires attack, Peter Hadrian’s blood is cloned into the blood of other persons to make the resistant to the vampires virus too. They are on a mission to kill all the vampires. They are to form allies with similar minded persons seeking the downfall of the vampires. To this end, they travel to medieval Romania vide technology that takes back time. The vampires have their origins in Romania. Will the mission be a success?

I loved the discussion on the theme of science and technology. The author by discussing technology shows the impact that technology can have in the modern age. It was interesting to learn that technology takes Peter Hadrian and his colleagues to medieval Romania to destroy the vampires. This is because to destroy the vampires, their source and the time period that they vampires originated must entirely be destroyed. By discussing such aspects, the author asserts that science and technology can work beyond human imagination. Science and technology just makes life interesting.

I enjoyed the use of suspense that envelopes after Peter Hadrian and his colleagues are sent to medieval Romania to destroy the roots of vampires. They are embarking on a dangerous mission, but a mission that is worth undertaking. They must destroy the vampires so as to protect the future generations and the world. I was interested in learning the fate of their mission, something that kept me glued to the novel for long periods. Other styles used by the author in writing the novel include humour, vivid description and dialogue. These styles enhanced the taste of the narration.

I loved the aspect of interstate cooperation in the fight against terminal diseases that poses danger to the world population. The vampires attack poses a great danger to the world and states like the Unites States are sending their medics to assists in developing a cure for the virus. They know that no life will be left in earth if the vampires are allowed to multiply. This shows states that are concerned about the well being of the human race. They are willing to work beyond their limits to save the human race. Such gestures saves the world.

This book is exceptionally well edited. I award it 4 out of 4 stars. There is nothing I disliked therein. It has an amazing plot, compelling content and well developed characters that are interesting to read about. I recommend it to all persons who have interests in science fantasies. They will find the scientific ideas discussed in the novel interesting. However, persons with no interests in science fictions may look for other novels.

The Hand Bringer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”