Official Review: New Eden by Kishore Tipirneni

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Annabel Langoni by Eliza Wyatt

Official Review: New Eden by Kishore Tipirneni

Post by kislany » 08 Oct 2019, 11:44

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "New Eden" by Kishore Tipirneni.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

New Eden by Kishore Tipirneni is a science-fiction story that explores one of the possibilities offered by quantum entanglement, a core principle of quantum mechanics. Quantum entanglement can happen when two subatomic particles become linked and can communicate with each other even across long distances. The author’s debut novel connects this physical phenomenon to contact with far-away alien life forms.

Dr. Joshua Andrews is working in his underground laboratory, trying to create these particles artificially. He calls them spookyons, based on Einstein’s “spooky action at a distance” famous quote. Joshua has been working on his research non-stop ever since his mentor, who started the whole project, passed away. When journalist Rachael Miller asks Joshua for an interview, little do they know that their meeting will forever change their lives in a crazy entanglement of their own.

I love reading sci-fi books featuring quantum mechanics, so the blurb pulled me in right away. The story is fast-paced, with some slower-going chapters, especially when the author describes the various experiments taking place. Still, they push the plot forward, so I never found myself bored while reading. The last quarter of the book picked up the pace, and I couldn’t put it down because I wanted to see what would happen next.

In the book, the author asks some hard questions that humans need answers to. Are we alone out there, and if not, is there a chance of contacting aliens across star systems and galaxies? The story offers an interesting explanation of the Big Bang and the way our universe was created. This part, however, made me slightly uncomfortable. I am not a religious person, and Rachael has very strong biblical views. Many conversations between Rachael and Joshua have a religious tone as she is trying to make him believe in God, which atheists might find an issue with.

However, the love story that evolves between Joshua and Rachael is very sweet, and the book is perfect for fans of clean romance. At its heart, the book is a love story packed in a sci-fi setting. After reading it, I couldn’t help thinking of the latest two books by Blake Crouch, Dark Matter and Recursion, which were two of my favorite reads since last year. Both are love stories with techno-thriller and science-fiction plots, and they also ask similar hard questions.

The story is well written, and there are no major editorial issues with the book. For a debut novel, the writing is devoid of choppy sentences, and despite the heavy topic of quantum mechanics, I had no trouble understanding the plot. Difficult theories and concepts are explained.

Thus, I give New Eden 4 out of 4 stars, and I recommend it to readers of science-fiction books, with a warning to people who don’t read religious-themed stories. Still, I recognize that Rachael’s biblical comments move the plot forward to the book’s stunning conclusion. I hope the author is considering a sequel, as I feel the story of Joshua and Rachael is not over yet.

New Eden
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

DonnaKay
2019 Reading Goal: 10
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by DonnaKay » 09 Oct 2019, 14:10

I'm not a fan of sci-fi books but this one sounds interesting because of a bit of romance in the book. Thanks for the comprehensive review.

Miriam Molina
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 82
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 158
2017 Reading Goal: 36
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 125
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: A Stained White Radiance
Bookshelf Size: 578
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-molina.html
Latest Review: The Magician Cat by Hawk Selah
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Miriam Molina » 09 Oct 2019, 17:11

I get dizzy with quantum stuff, but the Millers might make me read this one. I believe science and religion can be reconciled. So New Eden sounds like heaven for me.

HeatherEi
2019 Reading Goal: 15
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 53
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherei.html
Latest Review: Of Illusions and Ink Spills by Divya Hirani

Post by HeatherEi » 09 Oct 2019, 21:06

This sounds fantastic! Thanks for the great review!

Nisha Ward
2019 Reading Goal: 40
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 90
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: F in Exams
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: The Turn by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward » 10 Oct 2019, 01:43

So, I'm all for exploring different means of communicating with the wider universe and this sounfs interesting. I've seen quantum entabglement mentioned before but never in the same breath as communication. It's always been about travel, so I'm curious as to how it could be related to communing with other entities.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.

MrunalT
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 36
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunalt.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by MrunalT » 10 Oct 2019, 02:39

I have not read many Sci-Fi books, but if I ever do read, I might not like to read a lot of religious content in it. You review is very interesting though.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 97
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: Skills of the Warramunga
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: Jim in Enemy Territory by Le Lan Anh

Post by kdstrack » 10 Oct 2019, 10:34

These stories that deal with the quantum theory depend on the author to explain things clearly so readers do not feel drowned or lost in the theory. I was happy to see your comments about the author doing a good job of explaining so readers are left floating in the void. I might consider taking the jump on this one! Great review.

esp1975
Favorite Book: Among Others
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esp1975.html
Latest Review: A Dragon’s Flame by Mercedese Jeffries

Post by esp1975 » 11 Oct 2019, 10:29

I am also really interested in quantum mechanics and especially quantum entanglement, so I would likely read this book just for that.

tristenb
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 65
Currently Reading: The Altitude Journals
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tristenb.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by tristenb » 18 Oct 2019, 10:06

I like science fiction, but I'm not sure I would like something about quantum mechanics. It seems complicated. I'm glad you enjoyed the story and based on your review I might give it a try! Thank you.

Meg98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meg98.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by Meg98 » 20 Oct 2019, 11:10

I don't generally go for sci-fi books, but this one sounds really interesting and well-written. Thanks for this great review!
Oh love, never be afraid to fly :wink2:

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”