Review by CnderAngel -- The World of Ato by Patrick Borosky

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CnderAngel
Favorite Author: Janet McNulty
Favorite Book: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnderangel.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
fav_author_id: 15021

Review by CnderAngel -- The World of Ato by Patrick Borosky

Post by CnderAngel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The World of Ato" by Patrick Borosky.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Review for: The World of Ato. Author: Patrick Borosky

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, the reason I don't rate it 3 or 2, is cause it deserves 4 , is because the fact it was well written, the story itself was really good.

I have to admit, this book did not disappoint me in the slightest. It was very well written, the story was very interesting and super imaginative. The characters were lovable, scary and funny. They really resonate with you. If I have to say my favorites, my favorites is when Ato became companion with Iro, he was a very interesting dragon, which made me want to have my own. I felt bad for him, due to his small stature, others didn't respect that he was a dragon. My other favorites is the humor, there was a lot that made me laugh heartily, the characters had that one thing about them that I really liked.

As for the story, it was alluring, the story starts off with a 15 year old girl artist known as Ato. She and her friend Reed go on an adventure, during their visit to a mysterious place, something happens to Ato. That is where she meets Iro the dragon. From there, she learns Iro's magic of allowing her to enter worlds that she has drawn or painted. ( This part took my breath away, it was the most imaginative story I have ever heard!)

During her journey in her world, she meets a knight that saved her life, then they meet another, but realized she was not a threat and soon found the truth on what was happening in Ato's world. Ato then gets sent back to her realty world eventually, and when she came back to her world, she finds out more about what is really happening and learns that things are not what they seem to be.

Now on to my dislikes about why I don't like in this book, is a bit much on the gore, but other wise it's okay, until you read one part later in the book, you might get grossed out but thankfully it is not too much. Other than that, this book was really good and I highly enjoy it, I do recommend it and that I am looking forward to the continuation of the series! I believe this book seems to be for 13+ and above, since it just has gore, it should be okay for young teens, however I do not recommend those who are younger or those who cannot handle gore entirely.

The World of Ato
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Cartoonist artist and animator, game designer, comic creator and most of all a writer.
If you are interested in my work, feel free to PM me. c: :tiphat:
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

The premise is really interesting, though I dread to imagine what sort of horrific worlds my terrible drawings would conjure! This sounds like a great read for teens. Thanks for the review!
CnderAngel
Favorite Author: Janet McNulty
Favorite Book: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnderangel.html
fav_author_id: 15021

Post by CnderAngel »

Tomah wrote: 28 Nov 2019, 12:05 The premise is really interesting, though I dread to imagine what sort of horrific worlds my terrible drawings would conjure! This sounds like a great read for teens. Thanks for the review!
No problem! :D And yeah, I hear ya. Anyway happy reading! ^ ^

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”