The Vampire Diaries

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
victoriawinters
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Favorite Book: Safe Heaven
Currently Reading: Flight over the cuckoos nest
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 2460

Re: The Vampire Diaries

Post by victoriawinters »

I've read 8 out of 10 books, the 8th was quite difficult and boring for me to read. Just like the House of Night Series, the author should've stopped after the 4th book. It's a little too much for me. I like TV series though. They story there is so much better and the characters are well developed.
Ammonia
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=25016">I heart Vegas</a>
Currently Reading: Paws and Jaws
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ammonia.html

Post by Ammonia »

I gave the first 3 books a shot when I was in high school, but I was disappointed. Yes, there were unexpected twists and turns and yes, there were original key fragments, but somehow the books were more of a burden rather than a pleasure when it came to reading. I haven't thought about giving them a second chance nowadays, but I don't think it would make a difference. I don't mean to offend the fans, but L. J. Smith is just not my kind of author.
yessaniareader26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yessaniareader26.html

Post by yessaniareader26 »

I read the book Vampire Diaries because i so loved the series and how they turned that particular book from book to tv series. I will not compare the two. However I will say this , the book itself was a good concept for the television show but this is one of the very few times where the book is not better than the television series. The book written by a writer for hire who didn't get to finish writing all of them the way she wanted to, went all in different kind of directions. Okay, OKAY I didnt read all of the books but the first book was really hard to get through. First off I didnt really enjoy any of the characters. they were very annoying, especially Elania , who easily seemed to accept Stephen. Suddenly she gets with him and loves and understands , him after hearing him talk about his past only once. It was really far fetched. Not to mention the scenes were a little confusing at times.
ellsbethwhimsy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellsbethwhimsy.html

Post by ellsbethwhimsy »

I read all of the early LJ Smith books when I was in high school (still waiting for that last Night World book!)

But I never really cared for The Vampire Diaries. Loved all of her other books though.

I haven't watched the show yet. But recently, I've felt like it might be time to try and get sucked in.
lmaololjk
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmaololjk.html

Post by lmaololjk »

Personally, I read the first three books, but couldn't get past the other ones. I just lost interest.
nowanico2403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nowanico2403.html

Post by nowanico2403 »

i love these books, i wish that the tv series followed the books story line as i would love to see the way elena's character develops over the course of the books
CONSTARA
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-constara.html

Post by CONSTARA »

I'm almost ashamed to say that this has been one of my favorite series. Talk about your conflicted characters?
Caz1+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caz1.html

Post by Caz1+ »

Love the books and the tv show
SlightlyNikki
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slightlynikki.html

Post by SlightlyNikki »

I actually prefer the tv show now. It has a better story than all the bringing back from the dead and wings of power stuff. The've brought out 3 more books. So now there's like 13 at least along with all of the side novels like Stephan's diaries.
I dunno, I used to love these books, but they went downhill and now I drag myself though them, just because of my dedication to the series. I still read them though. I'm onto salvation: unseen but I dont know when I'm going to pick it up. It took me so long to find where I even was in the series since I took such a long break from reading them so more could be written.
sophiachic
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophiachic.html

Post by sophiachic »

I didn't enjoy the books as much as the show, i read them but didn't get into them as much.
Dezire06
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dezire06.html

Post by Dezire06 »

Loved the Vampire Diaries
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

I only read the first 2 books but did watch the show which started out very good but got worse and worse as seasons went on. Only about 3-4 seasons were actually decent. The first couple of books I read were also pretty good.
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

ranea89 wrote: 16 Apr 2013, 17:49 I absolutely love the Vampire Diaries!! Damon is soo my favorite. These books keep me interested and wanting more time and time again. Has anyone watched the tv series the vampire diaries? I was so disappointed after reading the books and seeing what they did with the tv series. In no way shape or form are the books and the tv series even close to the same other than most of the characters in the book are on the tv series though they did leave out some main characters. All I have to say is I prefer the book to the tv series.
I agree. I like the first books until the weird story line change where Elena's ghost is around, and I don't know how to feel about the extended part of the series featuring The Originals. And the show is good but they are absolutely different entities.
dianotopiya

Post by dianotopiya »

re : the vampire diaries
author: L.j.Smith
i really liked first 1-4 book..it contains mysterious past which is main origin of this story.😍elena is overall good character not too sweet,not too mean.. get any boy she wants 😊 Stefan_ i can't decide anything about him really guys i mean he's mysterious, can resist elena's charm & her protector 😜 & Damon- i really like this character total badass vampire,good-funny-dark sense of humor,dangerous, revengefull against his brother,wants to possess elena ....,but damn charming 😎
in & after 4th book story start to get complicated,new paranormal mysterious creatures appear in town & main group become the savior of the town....,
then you know the drill ,means they act like superhero,face so many difficulty, test of true love,back-biting past mistake,death , destruction and finally victory with collateral damage 😭
so overall this happens in entire all series of this book,,😊😊😂

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”