Review by hannahbhill33 -- Containment Breach

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
hannahbhill33
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahbhill33.html
Latest Review: Containment Breach by Wm. A. Yandell

Review by hannahbhill33 -- Containment Breach

Post by hannahbhill33 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Containment Breach" by Wm. A. Yandell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Containment Breach by Wm. A. Yandall

Containment Breach is an intriguing and very unique story written as a hopper. Dr. Walter Smithton is a highly respected scientist working on a secret project he followed on from another scientist, Dr. Zayak, that disappeared. His connections in research to Zayak land him on a very sensitive and secret mission he knows nothing about in space with his team that not only includes amazing descriptions of creatures but also intense situations that keep you guessing on what is to come next until the very end. Walter is very strong minded and keeps his ground to get what he needs to accomplish the goals and safety of his team. Though he is very passionate about his work he and his team are not used to the setting they are placed into while in space and have to adjust to keep things from ending worse off. This is not easy for them without getting the answers they so desperately need to succeed in their mission.

Wm. A. Yandell had a struggled childhood and used writing and his imagination to get through his families social outcast. He writes in such a way that makes you feel as if you are in the scene yourself, you can see his imagination come to life through his writing. In a feature from the author he states “I am told writing gives the reader several things. Knowledge, instruction, advise or sometimes just entertainment. I write to entertain, to give the reader and escape into a place where they can lose themselves in. I always hope the world will see value in reading.”. His story makes you feel all of these emotions and gives you an escape into a whole other world. Not only through his scene details but also through each character point of view you read along the way.

The text is very smoothly written and each transition flows well into each following scene. Mr. Yandell pulls in many knowledgeable factors along the way. Not only about the space mission and protocols but also about the research and testing factors the researching takes. The writing proves the knowledge he has about the details that make this story truly come together. I have learned many things as well as truly enjoyed my journey into Mr. Yandell’s mind and thoughts.

I most liked how true to reality all the dialogue in the scenes were written. As well as how intense all the descriptions of every scene were written so you can truly picture everything as you go along. I enjoyed the love and care Walt has for his creatures and how they are always in his mind throughout the story. Every time something happens his first thought is hoping they are okay. I thoroughly enjoyed this book from beginning to end, there was no short descriptions or struggle following along with the scenes. Everything was played out very well with great attention to details. The fact that is was written as a hopper really fit well with the story and helped you play out each scene in your head while reading, this to me made me enjoy the reading even more without thinking about chapters.

After reviewing all my notes on the contents and going through the reading twice, I rate Containment Breach 4 out of 4 stars. Personally I rarely read science fiction and yet this story roped me in and kept me reading page after page until the very end. The book seems to have been professionally edited as I did not find but two small simple mistakes myself, which did not keep me from continuing my journey. Other than that the book was written and edited amazingly. I would highly recommend this book to anyone that enjoys science fiction and even if you’re like me and rarely read the genre this book is still one I would suggest reading. It is truly unique and a story you do not want to pass up on reading.

Containment Breach
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I appreciate an author who researches the subject before writing a book. Your description of how the author is able to make you lose yourself in this story makes this story appealing. Great review! This one looks good.
Artizi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artizi.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Artizi »

It's good to know this book is well-researched, and you make it sound like it's truly well written. I'm not sure this book would be my particular cup of tea, but your review is great!

If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate if you checked my review as well! Thank you so much in advance.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

I was not familiar with this book before reading your review. It's always nice to read a book from a genre you would normally not choose from and be pleasantly surprised. Your enthusiasm for the book was evident. I enjoyed reading your very informative review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”