Review by Yanryna -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Yanryna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yanryna.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Yanryna -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

Post by Yanryna »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“When the journey was over, I remember being a little surprised, because I felt like I hadn’t endured enough to earn what I found,” said one of the leading book characters, Galen Bray, in first chapters, and I felt it. I thought that the book is a striking finding which I found too easy. When the book was over, I was surprised as Galen. I was even a little annoyed because my inner self was insisting on continuation.

The fantasy universe presented by Matthew Tysz in the book We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is the first book of series We are Voulhire. This book will win your heart if you love politics, wars, lords, psychology, magic, and adventures. The story is mostly told in the third person from the characters’ perspective, and sometimes from the first (Galen Bray). The author managed to weave the fate of his heroes in a logical and easy to follow manner.

Galen Bray got a chance to move from the Lands of the Princes. Those Lands are fulfilled with the fights for survival and wars for the past twenty years. His uncle bequeathed him a forge and a house in Voulhire, a prosperous and magnificent place overseas. Galen has to learn to adopt under new circumstances, life and society in the city called Magnum Caelum. He gets help from the executor Rowan, who made that move possible. Will Galen find peace and happiness which he didn’t know since childhood? Will he be able to continue the work of his uncle successfully? How will he intersect with the rest main characters? The series will show.

The minus which disturbed me a little bit was the author’s use of inappropriate language in a couple of replicas. In case if that small minus doesn’t offend you, and fantasy is your genre, then I would suggest you to start reading the book as soon as you get a chance!

I believe that the book deserves 4 out of 4 stars. It is intriguing, keeps you in tension, characters have good developed personalities. The We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is an excellent introduction to the Voulhire world. I believe that Matthew Tysz did a great job, and the book has good potential. Who knows, maybe in a couple of years the book will be very famous, and some producer might decide to put it on the screen?

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Yanryna's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”