Review by inmod -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
inmod
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 50
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inmod.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Review by inmod -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko

Post by inmod » 13 Jun 2019, 00:02

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko is the second book in the We are Voulhire installation, a series written by Matthew Tysz. It is a science fiction and mystery thriller about the events happening in Voulhire. This time, the author mentioned about different themes as the readers could see how he beautifully incorporated religions, magic, love, science, economy and different realms in this book.

The story started with King Wilhelm’s meeting with his advisors and discussed the situations in Virko, a city under merchant order and became a famous industrial center under Lord Venden Hrelek’s ruling. Lord Venden had successfully turned the city of Virko into a prosperous merchant town from a plain land once. On the other hand, Galen started forging his first blade and tried to establish a business venture to improve the state of Magnum Caelum. With Rowan and Demetrius, Galen embarked on a journey to Virko to meet Lord Venden for the objective but met upon a grave disaster after learning about the secret of the city. His son, Lord Hans Hrelek or Folcro, was in-charged of the new town after his father’s passing. Least they knew, there was a demon bound to the home of the Virko’s Sovereign, Rendenhide. The power struggle between the lords in Virko and Voulhire was portrayed with a hint of the governance of dark influence. The threats took place in the industrial Virko before the chaos happened overnight after Demetrius encountered the demonic problem. The life of Galen and Rowan was turned upside down when all three of them were almost trapped in the fires of Virko, saving their lives from the city.

The Fire of Virko contains all of the suspense and thrills experienced by the characters. Besides, new character introductions made the story more interesting with many plots and hidden secrets revealed within the victorious city. The dynamics between Galen, Rowan and Demetrius were getting stronger during their adventures. Beyond the quick-witted young Hans, lied a secret which could be detrimental to the well being of Virko. His character was written beautifully with a mysterious aura of a young lord. His childhood friend, Lord Kayden was also a mysterious man despite having a good heart with kind intentions and wished the best for his people. The trust and love between these two men were tested along with Kayden’s worry on Virko’s future.

The quality of the main characters in the story had been brushed up by the writer, making it more lively and humane. It felt like you are reading a true story rather than a fiction. We could see that some friendships were renewed; Demetrius seeking aids with his friends before casting the demon away and Kayden with with his friend, Hans who had different ambitions for the city. The peace in Virko was compromised when a demon in Rendenhide was unleashed and stroke a war against the citizens of Virko. On the other hand, the cunning plans between Meldorath and Alabaster were in fruition. Their ultimate dream wasn’t clear in this publication but they didn’t leave any loose end in their smart moves. The curiosity of the characters had unraveled various mysteries in the city of Virko. Every personality in this story had its charms. The witty characters, as well as despicable lords, was great. Again, this time the writer worked his magic writing the situations and incidents happened in the story realistically. The vocabulary and slang used were appropriate for the characters and situations described.

The Fires of Virko had a great storyline, much appreciated after the first book ending. This work is a statement for his creative ideas. The flow of the storyline was comprehensible and suited to the incidents happening in Voulhire. The narration in this book was precisely written and the readers could visualize the situations in the story. For me, this story had no loophole and the climax was precisely portrayed by the writer. I was on the edge of my seat as the plot thickened.

The storyline is unique and worth your time reading it. It tends to relate the magic, science and faith concepts from the perspective of the characters. Matthew Tysz did a great job of combining fiction with humor, spicing it up with action and then sprinkled with dark fantasy and magic. He somewhat gave the story that taste that comes with occasional tragedy amid action and humor. The storyline of The Fires of Virko was satisfying and worthy to read. It is better than the first book. The narration, as well as the introduction of characters, gave an impressive impact on me. A map at the beginning of the book was helpful for the readers to understand the geographical areas of the cities mentioned. I had a swift read this time.

Overall, We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko deserves 4 out of 4 stars rating. I didn’t find any spelling errors and it looks like it has been professionally edited. For this sequel, I recommend readers with an adventurous spirit from various backgrounds to read it. Science fiction and magical enthusiasts were encouraged to peruse The Fires of Virko. It has an engrossing charm and brings tense to the readers. I can’t wait to read the third book of this series.

We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like inmod's review? Post a comment saying so!

Renee_Prior1995
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-prior1995.html
Latest Review: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream by Dr Frank L Douglas

Post by Renee_Prior1995 » 13 Jun 2019, 13:52

I am so exited to read this series once I am done with my current series. I have seen so many reviews on these books. all of them so enthusiastic about the books. Thanks for the review!
"From what I have tasted of desire,
I hold those who favor fire.
but if I had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate.
To say that the destruction of ice is also great
and will suffice." - Robert Frost

inmod
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 50
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inmod.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by inmod » 16 Jun 2019, 10:41

Renee_Prior1995 wrote: ↑
13 Jun 2019, 13:52
I am so exited to read this series once I am done with my current series. I have seen so many reviews on these books. all of them so enthusiastic about the books. Thanks for the review!
You should start reading it now! I greatly recommend this series for you! Have a good time reading :D

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”