Review by Kister Bless -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Review by Kister Bless -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival...

Post by Kister Bless »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the first book of the We are Voulhire series. In the book, the king of Voulhire known as the Emperor of Lullabies throughout the world has four sons and each of them has the desire to have the throne. The emperor suspects that his crafty sons together conspire against him and plans to parcel his continent equally among themselves once he has been overthrown. For the emperor not to be killed by his sons he removes them from his palace by giving each one of them a small chain of islands of the mainland of his empire and a small army and lots of weapons to supply more soldiers to defend their holds from invaders. Did the emperor's scheme work?

Galen Bray, one of the four princes travels through the seas to Magnum Caelum as a request from his dying great uncle to take over his forge business. As Galen starts his new life in Magnum Caelum what happens? Is the new place any different from what he is used to?

I like We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies because the book was exceptional in the manner that Matthew Tysz thrust his readers into the heart of the story straight away and so the reader is instantly captivated, unlike other fantasy novels which are mostly long. The author really knows how to capture the attention of the reader right from the beginning of the book to the end. Second, the book has well-developed characters which makes it more interesting and also makes it easy for the reader to feel connected.

I, however, had no reason to dislike this book. I would be lying if I say I didn't like it because the book is action-packed. It is filled with science, magic, and faith which makes it more amazing.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because the book was well-edited. While reading the book I did not notice spelling or grammar errors. There was a slight error where a place called Virco as it is on the map of Voulhire was spelled as Virko throughout the book. This may be confusing to some readers but it can be overlooked. Second, the book had twists and turns which motivated me to read on to find out what happens next. Last but not least, the book had a great and unique plot which was entertaining. However, I did not give this book 3 out of 4 stars because I liked the fact that the author included a map of Voulhire at the beginning of the book because with it the readers are able to visualize where exactly the different events were occurring. This book is suitable for readers who love science fiction and fantasy genres. I recommend it.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kister Bless's review? Post a comment saying so!
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Vengeful by AJ Parnell

Post by Prisallen »

I love books that have great plots with twists and turns so I think I would probably enjoy this one. Thank you for a wonderful review!
Latest Review: Vengeful by AJ Parnell
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

Prisallen wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 06:44 I love books that have great plots with twists and turns so I think I would probably enjoy this one. Thank you for a wonderful review!
Thanks for stopping by. I bet you will enjoy it if you give it a trial.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Daniel_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Daniel_ »

Kister Bless wrote: 30 May 2019, 11:53 I like We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies because the book was exceptional in the manner that Matthew Tysz thrust his readers into the heart of the story straight away and so the reader is instantly captivated, unlike other fantasy novels which are mostly long. The author really knows how to capture the attention of the reader right from the beginning of the book to the end
This book is truly exceptional. Although for me, I wasn't captivated from the beginning, but i later was, and I really was.
Great review! :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”