Review by Zonera -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Zonera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zonera.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Zonera -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under...

Post by Zonera »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are the voulhire; a new arrival under the great skies is a sci-fi fantasy novel by Matthew Tysz. The story begins with the history of Lands of Princes and how, what once was a peaceful place turned into a war zone because of greed and lust for power. The story progresses with, Galen Bray, who lived his life under oppression in the Lands of princes but after the death of his uncle, he becomes an heir to legacy in the state of Magnum Caelum, located in the Voulhire.

Meanwhile, the Continent of Voulhire is ruled by a king named Wilhelm Arcolo. Wilhelm is a faithful and an honest king, devoted to the throne and duty, whose first priority is prosperity and progress of Voulhire. He appoints a new Lord for the town, Hillport, Lord Eldus Wilberman. Lord Eldus Wilberman has grand plans for the success of the town and in the meantime he also wants to free the people of Hillport from the terrors of their old lords, Lord Orlin and Lord Meldorath. Whereas, in the Gray Lands, north of Voulhire, lives a group of rebels known as Riva Rohavi. Riva rohavi have always been against the throne but in the past, they never had enough resources to show their intentions on a wider scale but slowly as the old Lord of Hillport, Meldorath is gaining power again, they too are becoming stronger.

The author has also uniquely connected magic and physics and has introduced us to a magic world called Caromentis. It is described as a magical world which co-exists with the physical world and is accessible to powerful mages over the course of time. As a reader, I really admire a book when the writer of the book, explains his/her idea well enough to paint a picture in my head, when the book starts to feel as if it is a part of real life and Matthew Tysz triumphs in doing so which is the primary reason why I liked the book as much as I did.

Second point that really stood out were the interesting conversations between the characters and the counter sarcasm, which helps the reader stay focused and engrossed in the story. There were also a great number of good dialogues which I remembered with trying to like ‘some of the greatest knowledge has come from the study of lesser things’. Lastly, the portrayal of a character`s personality was well done and well maintained throughout the story, if the character is evil, as a reader you will be able to feel the terror and have goose bumps.

We are the Voulhire- A new arrival under the great skies is definitely a page turner but the beginning is a little slow paced which bumped me out a bit and made me delay it for a while. After I committed myself to read it, it got very interesting very quickly and turned into a real time adventure which is why I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars. This book will be highly appreciated by readers, who like to read sci fi or fantasy genre. I wouldn’t recommend it to very young readers as it has age-inappropriate language. At the end, it was a great experience and I look forward to reading more books by Matthew Tysz.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Zonera's review? Post a comment saying so!
victoriasimons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriasimons.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by victoriasimons »

Great review! I love the little details you picked out from the book such as the witty dialogue.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”