Review by lhardey1996 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lhardey1996
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhardey1996.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by lhardey1996 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

Post by lhardey1996 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I was totally engrossed in reading this book from the first line, it reminded me of fables that are passed through generations and even reading further, I started to link the story to that of the Harry Porter series. The city of Voulhire is portrayed as perfect and peaceful, but a huge storm stirs within. In matters of wealth, culture and technology, it is the envy of all and sundry but untold and Abominable activities are hidden.

Just like the yin and yang symbolizes that there is darkness "beside or opposite" every light. The darkness that lingers in the land of Voulhire is kept hidden from the members of the public. The Emperor of Lullabies, whose four sons vie to take his place, fears for his life and in a bid to destroy their unity gives each son some land, but nonetheless, chaos and war prevails. Galen Bray chooses to leave the war-torn kingdom and ventures to Voulhire for a fresh start.

The story centers on Galen Bray, who in a bid to escape war, poverty and death in the Land of the Princes, finds himself on a boat fleeing to the land of Voulhire for safety but among these Voulhirians, who are so well equipped with advanced knowledge and abundant wealth are people whose intentions are not so pure. There are those who crave absolute power to use and control others in the physical and metaphysical worlds. But despite all of this, Galen finds himself learning gradually and discovering how the ambitions of these complicated people are going to affect the nation he is starting to fall in love with.

The book We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz, which is the first book of the “We are Voulhire” series is such an excellent read especially for fantasy enthusiasts and readers. It is an adventure and fantasy novel filled with the concept of kings, banquets, warriors, and magic. The themes of relevance that can be found in this book are faith, science, and magic. The characters I believe are well developed and portrayed, the use of first and third person narration technique should also be applauded. The characters perceptions as portrayed by the author made it easier, to relate with and understand their actions better.

I would rate this book a 4 out 4 because of the plot, characterization, dialogue and narration. I believe the book was professionally edited as there were no visible errors in sight. I would recommend this book to any young or old person interested in a good fantasy read

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like lhardey1996's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”