Review by Sleepy puddle -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Sleepy puddle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sleepy-puddle.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by Sleepy puddle -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of...

Post by Sleepy puddle » 20 May 2019, 14:21

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: Fire of Virko

We are Voulhire: Fire of Virko is written by Matthew Tysz is the second installment of the We are Voulhire series. The first being We are Voulhire: A new arrival under great skies and We are Voulhire: Someone else's end.

The story begins with King William's point of view of the crown room, the supreme and despite the fact that it's really tense it helps him to grow as an leader.As the story continues to unfold something new is revealed each chapter. The entire universe of the book shows us two different world: the human and the mankind.

Gallen continues to try and find a place in his new home. He goes on a dangerous adventure with his trio consisting of Demitrius and Rowen. For business purpose they go to Virko, where they unravel dark secrets. Virko one of the most industrially successful cities has more secrets than on it is ready to display. The dark and evil sides of the lords,the magic bestowed upon people including the usage of dark magic are all included in this book. The book also shows us that even if you have great power you can also be a good person. Example: King William still remained really humble even after being the king and despite being a lord he stayed kind and they didn't let their power get to their head. The book doesn't hesitate to take a dark route. It doesn't have any problem in showing the dark side of mankind and magic. Every chapter is based on a new person and sometimes the person himself is telling the chapter at other time it is done by a third person. Sometimes the entire change of character becomes a little hectic for me. You also need to devote all of our entire concentration to it in order to understand which is a great thing. It manged to keep my entire concentration on the book not only to understand but also because it was really interesting.

It didn't let me get bored even once. All in all it was a great book and it portrayed the character's really well also. I rate the book 4 out of 4. This book in general balances everything out really well as well as the good and bad side. Plus the first book should be read in order to get better understanding of everything in this book. and also due to the fact that it is a really intricate book it is also really hard for someone to skip any chapters. I would definitely recommend this to those who love dark fantasy and also in general if anyone is up for an adventure of magic and darkness and needs a change from the genre they usually read.

We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
View: on Bookshelves

Like Sleepy puddle's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”