Review by C-obi -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
C-obi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-obi.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Review by C-obi -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under ...

Post by C-obi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies, by Matthew Tsyz, is the premier story for the sequels; We are Voulhire: The fires Of Virko and We are Voulhire; Someone Else's End. The story revolves around Galen Bray; the blacksmith. It all began with his departure from his homeland; The Land Of The Princes, to Voulhire, and his incidental meeting with Rowan; a Soulharian Banker and Galen's executor. The duo later meets Demetrius; the monk. The storyline also includes the rigors that come with politics which saw the destruction of Hillport, the murder of Lord Eldus Alderman, and the escape of the dreaded mage; Dalehei Meldorath.

The book bears a much sober tone to it's succeeding sequels and concludes on a very tragic note. It brings you the thoughts of an individual conversant with war, the hopes he has, and the expectations he arms himself with as he leaves for a new destination. The storyline lacked the usual action-packed pattern it's succeeding sequels had, except at the end of the story with the invasion of the Riva Rohi upon the town of Hillport. It also included concepts and ideologies upheld by the world of magic. The passive tone of the story took a downturn with the murder of Lord Eldus Alderman, and I couldn't help but feel pity at the way he died after so much struggle.

The book, however, was well edited and lacked errors. It also possessed that potential that made you eager to know what happened next, at each point of the story. It also gave one a clue as to the fluctuations that come with life; being expectant at one point and the next, facing a challenge you never expected would come your way.

What I liked most about the book was the potential its storyline possessed, to get you pondering and reflective, not just with the sad events, but also with other scenarios, such as Galen's encounter with the drawing of God at the Church of Destinism. It really got me pondering.

What I disliked about the book, was the concept attached to the drawing of God holding the 'worlds' in HIS hands. I have come to understand that fiction is actually the imagination of the author according to his or her beliefs, and ideologies. Permit me at this point to note, that God is a spirit, and cannot be seen. His word clearly says so. The word of God also says that we shouldn't compare His image to that of a man, a woman or any other creature upon the earth.

The book also had the usual occurrence of vulgar words but on a very low scale.

I am rating the book four out of four stars. It was a beautiful story, had its highs and lows, but more importantly, ended on a note I least expected. Matthew Tysz did a great job in that aspect.

I am recommending the book to all book lovers above the age of 18, who love a good story and are matured enough to read through a story and not be influenced by the concepts introduced by fiction.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like C-obi's review? Post a comment saying so!
C-obi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-obi.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by C-obi »

I read this book personally, and it was a great story. Would recommend it to all book lovers. Especially those above 18.
Daniel_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Daniel_ »

C-obi wrote: 19 May 2019, 11:51 What I liked most about the book was the potential its storyline possessed
We are together on this point. The storyline is indeed awesome.
Great review!
poojkapadia
2021 Reading Goal: 12
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poojkapadia.html
Latest Review: The VD Anthology by Various

Post by poojkapadia »

I second your opinion that this book has great storyline. I find it hard to believe that the entire army of Riva Rohavi moved across the country unnoticed, and attacked Hillport. I liked the character of Eldus Alderman, I was hoping to read how he escapes the attack. Thank for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”