Review by Timadak -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Timadak
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timadak.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Timadak -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival unde...

Post by Timadak »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In the land of the four princes, war and poverty have been reigning for more than 20 years. Young Galen has lived under these conditions since his earliest childhood. One day a message from his uncle reaches him to come to Magnum Caelum in Voulhire.
The land of Voulhire ruled by King Wilhelm appears to be successful to the outside and the people there seemed happy. But the kingdom was shaken by recurring attacks of the Army of Riva Rohavi. Yet the greatest danger threatened by one of the most powerful mage .... Meldorath ... who was held with all means on a small island. His magic was so powerful that it got beyond the limits of his prison. Will Voulhire withstand this pressure and will Galen survive in this world of Magic

I like We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies from Matthew Tysz a lot. It was exciting and so full of interesting characters. An awesome book about intrigue and magic. It really reminded me of games of thrones, but it was also a bit lord of the rings. However, it was unique and fascinating written.

What I particularly enjoyed was, that each character had his own chapter and that the story of Galen was written in the first-person point of view. In some chapters, I got a little confused since there were so many and exotic names of people and cities. But after a while, I got used to it. I also wanted to know more about Galen. It was a bit hard for me to imagine an adult male because he was described as very naïve, it feels more like he is a little boy.

The author Matthew Tysz describes in his narration in great detail the environment. I would have liked that of the people in the book too. Only a little bit more detail to the appearance. But despite all this, the story was captivating. I also very well liked that the story was timeless. There were elements of the past, history, present, and future.

The writing styles were fluent and well written. I could not find any mistakes.

I know with certainty that I must read the second part because the end came abruptly. Left me hanging in the middle of the story. It would have been nicer if the end would fade away a bit more. But I think the author intended it that way.

For me, 4 out of 4 stars and I am looking forward to part 2

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Timadak's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”