Review by Nimisha_91 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nimisha_91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimisha-91.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review by Nimisha_91 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival u...

Post by Nimisha_91 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire – A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Mathew Tysz is the first book in the We are Voulhire series. Voulhire is a fantasy land where regular hardworking people who live in The Cosmos or the physical world coexist with mages who derive their magical powers from The Caromentis or the magical world.

Galen Bray is an ordinary boy who escapes the dreaded Lands of The Princes, a kingdom that had been in war since before he was born. He travels to Voulhire to fulfill the dying wishes of his long-lost uncle and take over his business with the help of Rowan, the cheeky executor of his uncle’s will. While on a quest to learn his uncle’s trade, he comes across a stone which may have magical powers. King Wilhelm, the ruler of Voulhire, is a beloved man, who only works toward the good of his people. He sends his trustworthy judge Lord Eldus to rehabilitate Hillport , a town devastated after the rule of two evil lords – Lord Orlin and Lord Meldorath.Will Galen Bray discover the secrets of the mysterious stone? Can Lord Eldus help the people of Hillport forget the monstrosities performed on them by their horrific rulers? Is Meldorath still alive? This book will keep you on your toes as you try to figure all this out.

What I liked most about the book was the way the author has described the land of Voulhire.He writes about it in such a concise yet clear manner that you can picture it without ever getting bored. The characters seem so real with human flaws that make it very relatable to the reader, leaving aside all the magic involved. Although this book is merely an introduction into the world of Voulhire there is enough excitement and suspense to keep you hooked till the very end. What I disliked most about the book was the pace. The story seemed to drag a little in certain places, especially the parts featuring Galen Bray.

The book seemed professionally edited and I only found one error; namely on page 101 where the word “massages” has been used instead of the word “messages". This book will appeal to fans of fantasy books like Game of Thrones and Lord of the rings . Anyone from teens to adults would enjoy this book as it is all very clean, except for a few swear words in certain places.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars for a gripping storyline and great writing. I would highly recommend this book to anyone and will definitely be following this series to find out what happens next.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Nimisha_91's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”