Review by Anisa_Sadaf -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anisa_Sadaf
Currently Reading: The Astonishing Color of After
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anisa-sadaf.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Review by Anisa_Sadaf -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

Post by Anisa_Sadaf »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies written by Mathew Tysz is the first book in the trilogy. The author had started writing when he was eleven and definitely has a way with words. He describes the book to be like Game of Thrones except with more magic.

The kingdom of Voulhire has entered a golden age. It has grown with prosperity in matters of technology, capital, health, magic and everything that the fast-changing world envies. The people find themselves contributing to the kingdom’s prosperity either through science, faith or magic. Amidst all celebrations, a host of rebels called the Riva Rohavi dance in wild steps as they slaughter all who help the kingdom they despise reach its zenith. Also, a darkness lingers about the kingdom. Darkness filled with powerful people living in the envious world with plans of their own. At times like these, an immigrant from a war-torn land arrives at Voulhire. He is eager to repay his new home for the opportunity it has given him. As the kingdom faces rising tensions, wide-eyed Galen vows to do right by the people of Voulhire.

The first book is enthralling. It is an introduction to the characters and the plot line which is further continued in the following books. The story gradually builds up and I loved the way it did. It has a steady pace and had my undying attention throughout the book. Though the length of the book is short, the content is satisfying. It does not fail to give its twists and turns that most readers have a special fondness for. Mr.Tysz's writing style is appealing. It so subtly painted a picture of every scene with beautiful adjectives that were sure to leave me at awe.

Honestly, I like antagonists more than I like the protagonists. And the antagonist of this story has this eerie feel about him which is quite exciting. Dalehei Meldorath is this feared lord who is known for his iniquitous actions involving dark magic. The amount of hype given for this character from the start of the book is totally justified. I loved how dark and mysterious his character was. It is definite that Meldorath has some pretty huge plans, but they are not disclosed in the first book leaving the reader craving for more.

I couldn't think of anything that I did not like about the book. I really enjoyed reading this fantasy novel and would gladly rate it a 4 out of 4 stars. It had only a few errors and was satisfying to read. I would definitely recommend it to young adults and adults who like indulging in the fantasy world.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Anisa_Sadaf's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”