Review by CharlizeGwapa -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
CharlizeGwapa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlizegwapa.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Review by CharlizeGwapa -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of...

Post by CharlizeGwapa » 30 Apr 2019, 04:27

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Since Galen’s arrival, a lot of things had occurred in Voulhire, things that prodded his curiosity. Both darkness and mystery consumed the whole city affecting its people. The king did what he can to solve the crime and unravel the mystery for the sake of his beloved people and his homeland.

Long before in his youth, Lord Venden discovered a piece of neglected land. He visualized an opportunity and future in it, he felt, and he knew that Virko will be his town. So, he dedicated his life into it, some years later he made himself proud. The once unproductive land turned into the most powerful and leading city. Due to this, enemies grew, even the king’s own government leaders broke his trust secretly. Dark plans was about to dethrone him and alter his city.

We Are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz is a thrilling fantasy-based novel. It showed us a different type of human fantasy. He combined magic with science and faith.

The very first thing I noticed in the book was its unique story. As I have mentioned in my review in the first book, the narration of the story was precise and clear, I can easily visualize the situations and the poetic choice of words added beauty to it. In addition, the characters various personalities gave an intensifying impact. Furthermore, I did not find the dialogues boring because he played well enough with it. There were some hilarious lines that made me laugh. Some were very witty especially the scenes were the king speak before his people in the court of justice, and others were unpredictably good. This book made me embrace fiction into the next level, I always consider myself as an avid fan of the genre and wanted to explore and discover more about it. The dark theme was just right for me, I haven’t encountered seriously rude scenes or enormous exposure of sexual intercourse though there were some vulgar words. But, I didn’t take it as a big deal because he used it only to support the character’s personality or current mood.

I was just a little disappointed for I expected more fighting scenes particularly between Galen and the dark knights. I wish that the author focused more with Galen’s quest on defeating the town’s enemies rather than focusing on his ventures around his newly discovered town. Despite this, I still rate the book four out of four stars because I personally enjoyed its uniqueness.

For anyone out there who is currently looking for new materials to read, I suggest you give this a try. Beginner or wide readers alike will enjoy this book, I do not think your genre selection would matter. After all, true readers love to explore between any pages to grow their passion. Also, the book doesn’t contain any contradictory arguments relating to any sort of religious, government, or social organizations/regulations. Therefore, anyone could really read this.

We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
View: on Bookshelves

Like CharlizeGwapa's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”