Review by CharlizeGwapa -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriva...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CharlizeGwapa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlizegwapa.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Review by CharlizeGwapa -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriva...

Post by CharlizeGwapa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How far can your imagination explore? Does it reach the universe, does it revolve around the stars, or around the moon venturing in the cosmos?

We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies is an ingenious creation of fiction. It plays around the corners of your imagination and leave a valuable lesson. According to it there are two worlds: The physical world known as The Cosmos and the magical world known as The Caromentis.

The story revolved around a refugee from the land of the Princes known as Galen who ventured his way to the exotic new land of Voulhire. He left his homeland and family to escape the wrath of an ongoing war. It started when their father’s heath dwindled, their thirst for the throne and power aggrandized. Although their father spared them an equal share of fortune, it wasn’t enough to fill-up their starving desires to be the one and only heir.

In his home, two things were clear: greed and bloodshed. If you are not lucky enough to belong in the royal family, you either starve yourself to death or slowly feel the pain of the blade. Galen has seen enough violence and in his new land, so, he tried to find out how Voulhire differs from his homeland or how similar it is.

I liked the playfulness of the book because it entertains my mind as well as my heart. The author’s creative thinking was quite impressive for he was able to illustrate it perfectly through words. Also, I liked how started the story, it was very engaging and poetic. It made me think of other fantasy books such as The Harry Potter series and The Chronicles of Narnia because it introduced me to the world of spells and it is a book series. Since this is the first book, I am so excited to read the second one and I expect it to have the same or more intense plot and dialogues. Also, I expect that the book to have actions scenes just to have a more entertaining picture about magic.

There was nothing I disliked about the book. I found it satisfying and entertaining, that’s why I am awarding it four out of four stars. I recommend the book to anyone who likes to play with their imagination to the next level. The book doesn’t contain sensual or rude scenes, so, it is suitable for minor readers. We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies is a truly magnificent piece.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves

Like CharlizeGwapa's review? Post a comment saying so!
Washboard
Currently Reading: Murdered
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-washboard.html
Latest Review: The Sunken Forest by R. Barber Anderson

Post by Washboard »

I agree that the lack of sensual scenes would make it a bit better for younger readers, but I thought some of the language used might be a bit strong for kids personally. But I agree entirely that the playfulness of the book was very refreshing and enjoyable!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”