Review by Serah94 -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Serah94
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serah94.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Review by Serah94 -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko

Post by Serah94 » 24 Apr 2019, 13:23

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Virko champion of the elitist north stands as the most successful productive city in Voulhire. Their success is credited to their lord Hans Venden Hrelek a foreigner who traveled to these lands of Virko which was an empty land at the time. He a wealthy foreigner bought the piece of land with the intentions of turning it into a business. He built few traveling inns and soon thereafter it was a hub of commerce with the help of King Wilhelm of course. Now a man on the verge of death The Hans wanted the city of Virko to run on merchant rule he had sent his requests to the king five times and so with the approval of the king the city of voulhire would be ruled by merchants as well a captain chosen by the king himself who would enforce the city’s laws. Remember Galen in the previous book we shall learn more about him as well. He is crucial to the story. Book one ended with the destruction of the small town known as Hillport what we did not know was that Lord Eldus had agreed to send a substantial amount of iron in exchange for food but he was murdered by Meldorath and as a result, all the iron was now in Virko. Galen was expected to travel to Virko and try to make some deal to obtain iron for the town of Magnum Callum he would be well compensated by the town mayor.

They embark on a journey to Virko the three musketeers Rowan cynical, Arrogant, The monk, Self-assured also arrogant and Galen humble. However, what they discover there ends up threatening their lives to the point of death and are forced to run for their lives. Lord Hans has a son his name is Folcro. He is a sadistic young man who enjoys playing games with people as sickening as they are. He has a demon who is enthralled to him and this demon does Folcro’s bidding as he is bound to RedenHide which is where the Greeks lived. The monk Demetrius is a native of Virko and gives them some advice on who to best talk to to get the Iron. His name is Kayden Morgan and his family owes a few factories in the region. Kayden, however, is unable to assist them but refers them to Lord Hans who willingly offers his help to the three young men. However, before the old Lord reveals a dark secret to them of his son and his relationship with the demon. He asks the monk to rid his house of this evil. In an attempt to rid the town of this demon and after Demetrius seeking information at Yamon Soul. He figures a way to kill the demon or he thinks. In the process of killing the demon he does something far worse he opens up the town of Virko to a multitude of demons who have goat legs pigs heads who unleash terror destruction, burning, raping the folks of Virko. With no other choice, the three young men flee to Yamon Soul to seek for help and therein for a rude surprise. Virko began with its success story but ended up in ruins just like Hillport. This book was absolutely amazing and terrifying at the same time. The story synced perfectly with where book one left off. I love how the author is giving us subtle clues on what awaits the kingdom of Voulhire. I appreciate how far Galen has come and how adept he is at leaning people’s demeanor as well as the bravery he showed in the end when he stabbed Sod. I enjoyed reading WE ARE VOULHIRE The Fires Of Virko by Matthew Tysz and I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
View: on Bookshelves

Like Serah94's review? Post a comment saying so!

Popcorn1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-popcorn1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Popcorn1 » 08 May 2019, 10:35

Great job on the review. I have read the first book and I'm looking forward to read this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”