Review by Miranda King -- NanoMorphosis

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Miranda King
Currently Reading: Hunted
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miranda-king.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Review by Miranda King -- NanoMorphosis

Post by Miranda King »

[Following is a volunteer review of "NanoMorphosis" by Marla L. Anderson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Nanomorphisis, by Marla L. Anderson, tells the stories of Daniel Walker and Cadmon Dhyr. Daniel Walker is launching a mission to find a new livable planet, as earth is becoming more and more unlivable. Cadmon Dhyr is infected by the T-nanogen virus, resulting in his appearance to be ‘toad like’. Dhyr wants to save people from this infection through nanotechnology and a deep understanding of genetics, molecular biology, and artificial intelligence he stops working at a university and begins experiments underground, quickly turning down a very dark path.

Nanomorphisis, by Marla L. Anderson does an amazing job with intertwining these two stories together in ways that the reader is not expecting. The most exciting part of this book was that it was not predictable. It took time and effort to piece all of the plans together and to fully grasp what was going on.

Readers will notice that there is not only internal struggles the main characters portaray, but man versus nature as the world is dying and they are attempting to find solutions. What makes it all the more engaging is the struggles that Walker and Dhyr have with one another. There is not only good and evil, included throughout the story is the gray area that we all feel from time to time that makes you question who is good and who is evil.

The part I struggled with while reading was the feeling that you were expected to understand some complex ideas. It took awhile for me to understand what artificial technology they were explaining and what nanogens were. It is such an abstract idea that I struggled at first to wrap my mind around the technology at hand.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was extarodinary engaging and the characters were complex and Marla L. Anderson did a wonderful job making you feel as if you were part of the book and involving all of your senses and emotions into each page. It is a difficult book to put down once started. This book would appeal to anyone who enjoys futuristic dystopian/eutopian and/or sci fi fantasy books there is lots of action and adventure throughout each chapter. The book was well edited and flowed really well.

NanoMorphosis
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Miranda King's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”