Review by AliciaKT_19 -- Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AliciaKT_19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliciakt-19.html
Latest Review: Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1) by Greg Spry

Review by AliciaKT_19 -- Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga ...

Post by AliciaKT_19 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1)" by Greg Spry.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sci-fi and futuristic space fans are in for a real treat with Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1) by Greg Spry! Beginning in the year 2247, this first installment in the Beyond Saga series describes the exhilarating journey of lead character Brook Davis as she fulfills her dream of piloting humanity's first spacecraft capable of traveling faster than the speed of light. With this technology, the galaxy and the many planets that mankind has since inhabited would be just a short flight away. Determined to prove herself worthy of this opportunity, she conquers both her competitors and inner demons becoming an intergalactic hero in the process and piloting herself into history, or rather the future. Elevated to Captain Davis, she leads her fleet into an intergalactic battle against alien lifeforms, only to find her dream quickly turning into a nightmare as the battle appears to be rooted in a much more sinister plot that threatens her legacy, her very life and that of her family.

What I liked the most about Beyond Cloud Nine was that it was nonstop action from start to finish. There was never a dull moment with almost always a unique twist around each corner. What I also liked were the many futuristic details dispersed throughout the book. Each of these was so well thought out that they seemed very imaginative yet logical, such as the indispensable ‘gravgel’. It was easy to visualize every technology as the story unfolded. In fact, the writer’s imagery was so effective that I kept thinking that this book would be great as a movie.

There wasn’t anything that I really disliked about the book. I did find it a bit too convenient that twin siblings would both end up with essentially front row seats to all the action, this however in no way distracts from the story.

In summary, Beyond Cloud Nine was an entirely enjoyable and captivating read. The writer’s creative, futuristic details would translate well onto the big screen. I found the book to be professionally edited and generally free of errors.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was a thrill to read from the very beginning until the very end. The writer painted a futuristic reality that was imaginative yet believable. I highly recommend it to all fans of sci-fi and futuristic space thrillers. I cannot wait to read the next installment in the series.

Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like AliciaKT_19's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”