Review by Kitakcp -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kitakcp
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitakcp.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Review by Kitakcp -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Kitakcp »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I chose to read Superhighway by Alex Fayman because I enjoy science fiction and action books. Superhighway was both of those. This book is about a young man, named Alex Fine, that learns he has the ability to travel through the internet from one place to another, completely by accident. Alex grew up in an orphanage with no one to consider family except for the head of the orphanage Ms. Jenkins. Alex was all set to go to Stanford in the fall after graduation. However, before that happened, Alex found out about his ability by trying to reconnect an internet cable.

Alex's journey takes him all over the world. He has the ability to absorb all the information that he looks up when he is inside the internet. That is what helps him to take money from the different criminals and give to the less fortunate. Along the way Alex makes mistakes, but what teenager doesn't, some of them worse than others. Alex tries to help as many people and organizations as he can, along with making a better life for himself.

This book is filled with action and adventure that keeps you guessing and asking questions. It is a fast paced book that does answer all the questions that I had along the way. You learn how he was given the ability to travel through the internet and about his mother and father. This book is a good read for older teens/young adults and adults, because of the fact there is violence, sex, drugs, and alcohol contained in the book. I would not recommend this book for anyone under 16 or that doesn't like the use of drugs. Superhighway is not just one kind of book, The author Alex Faymen incorporates science fiction, action, adventure, and a little romance into this book, which is just the first book of the trilogy. I can't wait to start reading the other books.

What I liked most about this book is the fact that it kept you wanting more. No matter how much of the book I had already read, I wanted to learn more about Alex Fine. I had questions about how he was able to do what he did, and over time reading this book my questions were brought to light. What I liked least was the beginning chapter or two that had me confused at first. I wasn't exactly sure what was going on. However after about the third chapter I was completely on track and understood that the book was a flashback. I didn't want to put the book down, I wanted to keep reading and learn more.

In the beginning of the book I was a little confused because it jumps around from the present to going back into Alex's teenage life to tell us about his journey and how he got to where he was now. After the first chapter or two it was strait forward. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes action and adventure. It was a quick read but keep you wanting to continue. I would give the book 4 out of 4 stars despite the first bit of confusion. There were a couple times that I noticed a word missing or switched around but it wasn't a big deal because I was still able to read it without any hesitation. It is a book that I would reread.

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Kitakcp's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”