Official Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Miercoles
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading: The Second Eve
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miercoles.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Re: Official Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor

Post by Miercoles »

What an intriguing idea - to go back in time with all the knowledge that you have intact so you can make wiser decisions. Yet your time of death remains the same - that's the scary part. Thanks for the review. I look forward to reading it.
godwin675
Currently Reading: The Altitude Journals
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B01EIVMAPY

Post by godwin675 »

Wow! I wish I could turn back time. This story touches me to the extend that anywhere I find myself in future, I should not regret it because who I will become depends on what I plan and do now with my time. As the reviewer ended "Life should be lived and not survived" shows that when you live your best you become outstanding but when you try to survive it may lead to frustration and regrets. Thanks so much for the review. It lights my heart.
Zain A Blade
Favorite Book: Find You and Find Everything
Currently Reading: The End of the Beginning
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zain-a-blade.html
Latest Review: Swordpoint by David Crane

Post by Zain A Blade »

I bought the book immediately after reading this review. It's the kind of book that I like to read, one that is full of valuable life lessons and helps you to appreciate life and live it to the fullest.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

This book definitely has such an intriguing premise. I feel like life could turn out so different if you could go back in time and change certain aspects based on your mindset from adulthood. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

Storylines involving time travel have always been interesting to me. Anaya has the opportunity to change things from her past, but will those changes be good ones or will she end up accepting life the original way it turned out? Kudos to the author on keeping it engrossing. Thanks for the review.
Cheryl12
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire - Personal Workbook
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl12.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Post by Cheryl12 »

In the "Watchmakers Doctor" by G.M.T. Schuilling, a young doctor struggled with Bipolar disorder for years. Anaya assignment was to take care of Gregory, a retired Watchmaker who lived at a home for the Elderly. It was her last visit and she was given one of Gregory's most fashionable hand made designer watch. He knew that same day death was awaiting her but the time was about to rewind.

At that moment her option was to choose the time and settings to rewind the clock. She then has to change one thing in her past life. Anaya biggest mistake in her life was not to complete her high school Education.

However, her alternative was to face and give up the ghost. Anya is oblivious of the outcome after this change is corrected.

CMcDermott (Ms.)
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

I like the message of the book very much. We should appreciate every moment and not take life for granted. However, I am not that into the idea of going back to the teenage years. Thanks for the review.
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
jedreid
Currently Reading: Going Gone
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jedreid.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by jedreid »

short but thorough and effective, it was a great review! i am one of those who wasn't able but long to make every moment count and live each day as their last so though i don't agree with time travel happening in real life i wouldn't mind reading or enjoying stories like this. the lessons they can bring us shouldn't be missed!
Seraphia Bunny Sparks
Currently Reading: Lying Lainey
Bookshelf Size: 653
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seraphia-bunny-sparks.html
Latest Review: The Undying Queen of Ur by Abraham Kawa & Arahom Radjah
Reading Device: B01J94T4R2

Post by Seraphia Bunny Sparks »

Thanks for the interesting review! At first glance, I didn't think that this book would be for me. I figured the cover was belying what would turn out to be a war story that reflected history. Color me surprised when I learned this is more of a science fiction time travel novel! To be able to do things over again, but have to face the unknown consequences of that choice! Definitely sounds like a thrilling story to me! I'm curious to see what happens with this second chance at life novel.
Juanita700
Currently Reading: Anastasia’s Book of Days
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juanita700.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
2024 Reading Goal: 4
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Juanita700 »

Would we not all like to have a chance like that? The review is great and it really tells you that the book is very deep. Giving a second chance to live your life over and knowing when you will die must really be very depressing or refreshing. I like that the reviewer points out that there are some things you cannot really change at all despite given a second chance.
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 351

Post by Tars »

The concept of time travel theme in literature always fascinated me. In real life second chances hardly happen, so it is quite interesting to experience how give a chance people can rebuild something destroyed along the way. Must be great if possible. My only hold back - too short for such good story))
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Post by Morgan Jones »

The plot sounds interesting and though-provoking! Although the time travel concept is over done by now, I still enjoy reading about it from time to time and this book definitely piqued my interest! Grabbing my own copy soon.
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

A chance to relive ones life again is one that is impossible to get. I wonder how many mistakes will be corrected or they will still be done the same way they were committed in the first place.

I can see that several of my colleagues here have made their observations in a similar manner.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
shaz1994
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading: The Honorable Knight
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaz1994.html
Latest Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons by Sam Brand

Post by shaz1994 »

The fact that Anaya gets an opportunity just as she was about to lose her life to go back to her teenage years is intriguing, the lessons in the book are very relatable since we all have moments in the past that we would like to correct or re-live, thanks for the review
Gmdiamzon 2
Favorite Author: Scott Hughes
Favorite Book: Devilish
Currently Reading: His to Protect
Bookshelf Size: 124
fav_author_id: 6516

Post by Gmdiamzon 2 »

I have a feeling i will live this book. Reading reviews make me wanna finish reading it in just a day. Romance with time travel twist i feel like watching movies.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”