Official Review: Blood and Roses by Jordan Petrarca

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 554
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Re: Official Review: Blood and Roses by Jordan Petrarca

Post by Sirajuddin A »

Blood and Roses by Jordan Petrarca is a science fiction novel, full of thrills and gangsters fights and is set on the planet Exodus.

The story revolves around the seven most powerful families and all these families are blessed by magical relics. The magical relics are passed down to them from their ancestors. The magical power of each relic is different.

Among these gangster families the Rose family is most powerful as the family has the most powerful relic. All the seven families have an agreement for an uneasy peace. Because of their magical powers they are beyond the grip of the president and his forces.

Among these seven gangster families there are Rose family and Cicello family and the trouble starts when Zasso Cicello attacks a theatre in which Don Meretto Rose enjoying a play, in order to acquire all the seven relics and become powerful.
desantismt_17
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 1313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desantismt-17.html
Latest Review: Sasquatch Did It! by Patricia Komar

Post by desantismt_17 »

I don't quite understand how the relics work--they give two types of powers? I'm also not much for gangster books, so I'll pass on this one. Thanks for your review.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Kylie Jenner
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Kylie Jenner »

Blood and the roses by Jordan Patrarca is a science fiction crime thriller.The story is about 7families who have magical powers and they all are blessed with powers.This magical powers is given by seven magical relics means each one have own power and it is passes down from generation to generation.This story is about seven families who are gangster..Each family have a unique power.The most powerful family is Rose family and then Ciceills is the second most powerful family.Its a opening move by Cecello family to acquire all seven relics and thus after the balance of power irrevocably.
Well I like this story of magical gangster with latest technology and appreciate the hardwork of Author that they bring a book of gangster with latest and new ideas that inspire others too...
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I was pleasantly surprised and intrigued to read about the interesting combination of mob fiction and fantasy. I am also wondering what the seven Relics represent and who would win the struggle for power out of the Seven Blessed Familes. Thanks for your review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
lavellan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavellan.html
Latest Review: encoded by Richard Nedbal

Post by lavellan »

Thanks for your review! A gangster novel with a twist. I'm curious to see how the powers of each family factor into the story.
objames90
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by objames90 »

Blood and Roses by Jordan Petrarca
I enjoyed the review as it provided a good summary of what to expect from this novel.A futuristic gangster story with magical elements that keeps the reader guessing throat? You have both piqued my interest and got me excited to check this one out further.Thanks for the review. I enjoy crime thrillers will check this one out.
allinsondaniel
Favorite Book: Literacy and Orality
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 246

Post by allinsondaniel »

I like the history of the bands and with a touch of magic very good creativity on the part of the author
Purplegirl49
Favorite Author: Annie Harris-Meachem
Currently Reading: Hope Deferred
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 124696

Post by Purplegirl49 »

This is a very unusual book. I can see why the reviewer gave it a 4 out of 4 rating.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Gangsters with magical powers? What an original premise! Using modern day technology in a fantasy tale makes it a unique one. I wonder how they acquire those seven relics. Hopefully, the story explains that. I don't like gangster stories, but I do love fantasy ones. I may give it a try despite the open ending. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Callistus Ibenye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-callistus-ibenye.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by Callistus Ibenye »

Science fiction is not an interest of mine, but from the review I think it would be an interesting read for those who fancy the genre. Thanks for the detailed review and congratulations on #BOTD.
Cdeyoungde
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 405
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cdeyoungde.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Cdeyoungde »

Emie Cuevas wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 22:51
I found it very difficult to put the book down whilst I was reading it.
This book certainly sounds interesting. I like the originality of crime and magic. Thanks for your thorough review. I definitely put it on my “want to read” shelf.
Attitude is the paintbrush with which we color our lives :lol2:
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
MsTri
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

As intriguing as the magical aspects are, I just have no interest in this gangster/mafia story of revenge. I'm not sure why, but I do think "Rose" is a great name for a gangster family, though, ha-ha.
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

A very interesting plot, Gangsters, magic, relics all mixed on a new kind of plot. I am wondering where this story goes. I already found a place for this book on my shelves. Thanks for your review!
HGreenfield04
Currently Reading: Nerd Gone Wild
Bookshelf Size: 2122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hgreenfield04.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by HGreenfield04 »

Great review! This book sounds really fun, gangsters and magic such an interesting combination! :o :D
Lauren11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Lauren11 »

Good book, seems like a mafia type book but the only difference is the relics that give each family a special gift. Each family have their own demons and are trying to gain power through violence and tht is only the first two families bt it is a good read and keeps you interested by the different characters and the magical element is a yes for me

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”