Official Review: The Legend of the Dragon Child

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
frumiousreads
Currently Reading: Harry potter
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frumiousreads.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Re: Official Review: The Legend of the Dragon Child

Post by frumiousreads »

This book sounds really good. I really enjoy the point you brought up about the complexities of immortality. I'm also a bit of a history fan, and to me I'd love to see the opinion of those people who have lived so many lives and done so many things still stuck in this battle that they have.
Hephiycoh
Currently Reading: Firefly Summer
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Hephiycoh »

Your review of the book has sparked my curiosity. I definitely have to read it
Mohamed98
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mohamed98 »

:tiphat: not bad but for me I see have hard vocabulary
FallingDream14
Currently Reading: Leviathan Wakes
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fallingdream14.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by FallingDream14 »

I don't mind battles scenes so much but I do tend to read through those parts faster and sometimes that leads to missing little details. I can't resist dragons though so I'm adding this to my reading list. Great review!
Muhammadnor_1996

Post by Muhammadnor_1996 »

Interesting.. raised by a dragon like an anime movie (fairytail).
Olycharles
Currently Reading: A Long Way from Home
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olycharles.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Olycharles »

I think the story might also turn out good acted as a movie. Kaida raised by dragons.. The story sounds fascinating.
greenstripedgiraffe
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

Smmarie1988 wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 12:37 I’m considering giving this book a try although I’m concerned the dragon battles may hold me back a little bit. I feel like I would struggle to get through those parts. You mentioned liking history and I’m curious to know if this book has any ties to medieval times. Obviously there’s no truth to the dragons but I enjoy books that touch on facts of the time period. I guess a better way to phrase it would be what time period does this take place in or is it completely fictional and does it accurately represent the people, culture and lifestyle of that time?
I couldn't tell what sort of time period this was. Most of the action centers on the dragons. With the bit that people are pulled into the story, it seems to be something largely prehistoric (hunter/gatherer??) However, it could be much more modern than that, like Mayan or nomadic tribes? It is difficult for me to say, other than mostly fictional ;)
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
greenstripedgiraffe
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

Gods Monkey wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 16:06 Once again I feel the rating 4 out of 4 is inappropriate because the reviewer mentioned an error in the text, therefore by the reviews standard 4 out of 4 is not the correct rating. I found the samples flow to be difficult to follow but the summary the review gives sounds like an interesting book,
I feel that one error is not enough to lower the star rating. However, your point of the sample flow being difficult is an issue. I would not have read it further based on just a sample, had I not committed to reviewing it. Thankfully, the book/plot improved drastically after that beginning section. :D
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
allieereads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allieereads.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by allieereads »

What a wonderful review! It sounds like quite an intricate narrative, and I definitely understand how cumbersome large chunks of dragon battles can be, so I wholeheartedly agree with you there. Sounds like a good read, though, and I am definitely putting this on my shelf! And although there is one error in the text, I feel that the overall story and the writing was of a standard where that one error did not necessarily remove the overall worth of the book. Thank you!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
BookInspector300
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookinspector300.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by BookInspector300 »

Finally, dragons. I've been waiting for a dragon book that is not game of thrones. Thanks for the awesome review. I'll be looking into it.
kaywesta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by kaywesta »

nice 4 out of 4
Emmanuel Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-michael.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by Emmanuel Michael »

Just Like the movies Merlin, eragon, how to train your dragon and others with dragons and humans interacting. I love the storyline; legendary, how a child would bring peace to Urthe. Its obvious that most fantasy movies would be more interesting if written down as books instead, thanks for the review
corndog12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corndog12.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by corndog12 »

I have only learned to appreciate stories involving dragons for the past decade or so, but now I truly enjoy reading such tales. As I read your review I wondered if this volume could be the first installment in a new series. It sounds as if this could be quite an epic tale, and that this plot could be extended into perhaps three volumes. I definitely need to check this out for myself.
Margiemarg08
Currently Reading:

Post by Margiemarg08 »

The Legend of the Dragon Child😍

:D This book caught my attention cause I really love How to train your dragon.. Ever since I watched that movie I fell inlove to dragon story.. And I didn't make a mistake this book is great!! Must read!! 😍
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

The Legend of the Dragon Child sounds like a really interesting book. I really like reading fantasy books and books that put emphasis on different sentient races that are similar to humans. I wouldn't mind taking a look at this book, but if the battles proved tedious, then I might not be able to make it through them to get more into the story. I work with teens on a regular basis in my school district, so I would consider recommending this to them.
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”