Official Review: The Legend of the Dragon Child

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anya_the bookworm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Official Review: The Legend of the Dragon Child

Post by Anya_the bookworm »

A well written synopsis and the backdrop seems quiet interesting. What's not to like about a dragon story? It's been a while since Eragon. But I was skeptical about it being only about the battle between the Hails and Mursei's attempts to protect Kaida. Your review says that is not the case so maybe will read it soon.
Ronomike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Ronomike »

Its rilly quite inspiring to read it. It has sense of humour brought about is like watching on a movie it brings back our childhood memories of experince with jungle life in african indegenius forest. I must read the book myself
Jude Austin
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jude-austin.html
Latest Review: The Palm Reader by Christopher Bowron

Post by Jude Austin »

I have to admit, when I first saw the cover and title I thought it would be another book where dragons are either reduced to intelligent beasts of burden or ravening monsters and at all times subordinate to the Mighty (if tiny) Human. I'm very glad I read your review and learned how wrong I was; this story seems like a real breath of fresh air and is going on my To-Read list! :)
vinodsai
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 299

Post by vinodsai »

Thanks for your Amazing Review. The Idea of dragons raising a child is awesome. I love the bond between Zlemtec and Kaida. This book is enchanting. Love to read it.
harrymadede
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by harrymadede »

one of the best the author is on point here i like the connection of kaida and the dragon its so catchy nice story and the kids would love this thumbs up to the author Cheryl Rush Cowperthwait. i give it a 5 star
Miabraysmom15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Miabraysmom15 »

The book sounds like it would be something that I myself would be interested in reading! I think that this could be a good book for teens to read. Your review is what attracted my attention to this book,it was an overall great review! :D
Mekkinism
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mekkinism.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Mekkinism »

I had a difficult time with the sample. The writing seemed a little rushed, and I didn't feel like it really set the scene very well. If you say the story picks up though, maybe I'll give it another shot.
jenny t
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jenny t »

This isn't the kind of book that I typically read, but from your review it sound like something my daughter might like. Your review did a great job of explaining what the story is about and to let us know if the battle sections aren't our cup of tea, to keep reading because there is more. Thanks.
Saphiravirus84
Currently Reading: Heaven and Earth
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Saphiravirus84 »

Since i am currently in the process of writing a book about Immortals,Dragons and Elves, plus humans of course. I find the sample of this book very intriguing, it brings the battles between dragons to life. It shows that not all dragons are evil as usually portrayed. I look forward to sharing this book with my kids soon.
Keira1550

Post by Keira1550 »

Although I haven't read the book this review makes it feel like it's an epic tale
For someone who loves history and anything pertaining to magic it's will be a good read it seems the long battle between both the dragons shows the difficulties the dragons are going through its a way to connect the readers on an emotional level to the sorry also the bond between the dragon and kaida it will also serve as a story of a beautiful friendship i will read the book immediately the review was absolutely awesome
nephegold91

Post by nephegold91 »

The relationship between kaida and zlemtec is very cordial and it ll play a nice role in the time to com..very interesting story good fir tenagers
AoifesReview
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aoifesreview.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by AoifesReview »

From your review, it sounds almost like a more 'grown-up' version of the Jungle Book; probably best suited to late teens and young adults. But then even with the excessive drawn out dragon battles, in the beginning, you still seemed to enjoy it; giving it 4 stars. So this may be one I might be interested in as well. I've not read any novel where dragons play a major part in the plot like this, so it will be something new for me. You've intrigued me!
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." - Charlie Chaplin
peaces
Currently Reading: who told you that you are naked
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peaces.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by peaces »

The bond between Zlemtec and Kaida made this book one every child can relate with. Thanks for such a beautiful review' #BOTD
Wesono
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesono.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Wesono »

I want to read this book because I like fantasy style novels. This one however sounds like a book I'll struggle to finish.
spiderboy
Currently Reading:

Post by spiderboy »

Why are the dragons fighting and where did they get all the boxes?

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”