Review of WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chrity Edwin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrity-edwin.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Re: Review of WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings

Post by Chrity Edwin »

This book would definitely be a nice read novel. Would love to read read and review this book someday. I love that your that review captured the main theme of the story.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

The plot and world building sound very intriguing. It’s too bad about all the errors, though. If the writer finds a good editor and can get those fixed, I might give this book a chance. Thank you for the very helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

In the first few pages of the sample I also noticed the grammar and punctuation errors. I'm quite disappointed to say the least as the storyline sounds extremely interesting but I'm not sure if I'll read this. Thanks for a detailed review.
Morgan Alber
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-alber.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Morgan Alber »

The reviewer did a good job of reviewing the book without giving away the plot or creating a spoiler alert. I will not be reading the book based on this review. i do not believe I would enjoy this story. I do not like to wade through text that has numerous grammatical errors. I find that very irritating even if it is a story I enjoy.
Miss_BeckyG
Currently Reading: Behind Broken Glass Walls
Bookshelf Size: 1129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Miss_BeckyG »

This book has an intriguing plot, sci-fi fantasy sort of movie material. A cybernetic chip that heals people causes altered DNA in children born of the folks with the chip. The children are considered abnormal and they have abilities. The premise is enthralling but the writing is disappointing. Hope to read an edited version of the book. Thank you for your honest review.
“ Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ”
Marianne Williamson
Emmanuela Amasiobi
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuela-amasiobi.html
Latest Review: The Poison Of Perfection by Angela Wadley

Post by Emmanuela Amasiobi »

I really enjoyed this review. This book promises to be interesting. Sci-fi novels are simply wonderful. Congratulations on BOTD
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

The story seems interesting. I wonder what are the special abilities of Kaarina and Monty. I hope the author rectify the grammatical errors. Thank you for your review!
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

Wow! Ty ty for such an honest review. I did not like the cover at all.
It’s sad there are so many errors in this book. I hope it gets edited and corrected very soon, so that we can give it a much better review down the road.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

This book is set on an interesting premise. It is, however, sad that it has so many glaring errors which would detract from my enjoyment of the book. Thanks for the review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
bibimahkh1960
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibimahkh1960.html
Latest Review: “Wisdom Of The Men” by Clint Arthur

Post by bibimahkh1960 »

Thank you for your honest review. I agree that, with proper self- and professional editing, this novel should do well.

I read the sample chapters and I have a small issue with the dialogue. I understand that science fiction writers have a tough job in creating a believable universe that covers everything from technology, sociology, language, etc while remaining in touch with the readers. The dialogue reads like those from the 1980s or earlier.

The general plot sounds interesting though!
VicEbu09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vicebu09.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by VicEbu09 »

I admire the fact that this reviewer made constructive criticism, to enable the author work on the inadequacies of this novel. Congrats to this botd.
VicEbu09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vicebu09.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by VicEbu09 »

I admire the fact that this reviewer made a constructive criticism. This is to enable the author work on the inadequacies of this novel. Congrats to this botd.
Josephine Mercy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephine-mercy.html
Latest Review: In the Shadow of an Irish God by SD Barry

Post by Josephine Mercy »

An interesting book to read about advanced technology. The reviewer did a great job. Irrespective of the negative aspects of this book, I will still love to read it.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 607
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 58%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

"Watchdogs Abnormal Beginnings" is a sci-fi story that takes place many years from now. Dr. Drake Nathan developed a cybernetic chip that cured cancer, blindness and other diseases but it also changed people's DNA and over time children were born with the altered DNA without the chip. This was the beginning of the Technology Era and the death of Earth. With the rapid advances in technology, one has to wonder if machines are going to take over in today's world. In this future world technology became so advanced people were unable to use it. When the Technology Era died the Apocalypse Era began and society crumbled. Ordinary people began to have children with new abilities and these children became Abnormals. These Abnormals were discriminated against and hunted down like animals. Kaarina and Monty, two orphaned Abnormals who were on their way to Xenora to join the Berserkers Guild, where they will be shown kindness and develop a sense of family. One needs to read the book to learn if they will get there while being hunted or will they be killed on their journey? Good review. I agree with the official reviewer that the use of different word tenses in the same sentence was troublesome but I would need to read the entire book to see if I agree with the 1 out of 4 stars for this BOTD.
Amprye
Currently Reading: The Autobiography of Malcolm X
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amprye.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Amprye »

Wow, what a striking cover. It definitely adds to the scary plot of the wolves. Congratulations on the book of the day!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”