Review of Crystals of Empire Trilogy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nathaniel Owolabi
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-owolabi.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of Crystals of Empire Trilogy

Post by Nathaniel Owolabi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Crystals of Empire Trilogy" by M. Poyhonen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Some might consider the title of this book a bit misleading as this is essentially a single story divided into three sections; however, I consider the title accurately descriptive in some sense, especially when you realize that each section of the trilogy talks about a different period of the main character's life.

Crystals of Empire Trilogy is one of the best fictional books out there. M. Poyhonen began this book with a man-eating bear character who went around eating livestock and the farmers who owned them. Despite the fact that this bear played a vital role in the story and was an instrumental building block to the plot, its character is really just a diversion. The story of the bear makes the readers understand the past of the main character, Kazi, and his best friend, Tsian. Tsian was seriously injured by the bear and lost both of his arms. Despite all odds, these two friends survived the massacre of their village and went on to another town, Bartha. While this book might seem at first that it is all about the two friends, it is not. The plot of this book features religion, politics, magic, love, political betrayal, and more.

This book is very interesting. It has enough suspense and action to keep readers riveted to their seats for as long as it would take to finish reading it. I had a great time reading this book. It has everything you could ever ask for in a book of the historical fiction genre. One thing I love particularly about this book is the way the writer switches between old English and modern English with the change of speakers. The book also has so many mysteries at the beginning that would make the readers read on to know how it ends. I also loved the detailed way Poyhonen describes the sparring and fighting parts of the book. This book also contains incidents that can make the readers very emotional. This book is a work of art and the author, Poyhonen, is a great artist with incredible storytelling prowess.

Although I enjoyed every minute spent reading this book. I was a bit skeptical at the beginning because of the first chapter of the book. I did not like the fact that the book started with the devouring of a little girl by the bear I mentioned above. Do not be dissuaded, as this book had such a strong comeback that I could not put it down.

Writing a great book involves incredible talent and storytelling prowess and Poyhonen has all of these traits. He is such a great writer. This is why I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to all lovers of historical fiction and fiction in general. I also recommend it to action lovers and lovers of mystery novels. Pick up this book and read it, you will love it.

Crystals of Empire Trilogy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Although I am currently steering away from strong emotional reads, the man-eating bear sounds riveting. Thank you for a wonderful review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

I find this story so interesting and it seems a very well-written book. Thank you for the great review! :)
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

The book is an interesting one. I also like the determination of kazi and Tsain despite all odds. Great review.
Oye Timothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oye-timothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Oye Timothy »

I wouldn't want to read a book where a bear is devouring a girl though. That might be too gory for me. Nice review though.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”