Official Review: Chromatophobia by W. D. County

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Re: Official Review: Chromatophobia by W. D. County

Post by lavkathleen »

Woah... this is definitely unique and creative. I wish it didn't involve the military, though... but I think if give the opportunity to review it, I would definitely go for it. I want to see how far the author took this idea.
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Damian Keyes »

The first thing I did when I saw the title of this book was googled what chromatophobia means. The definition said, "it's an abnormal and persistent fear of money." So, I would like to read this book and find out how that term correlates with this brilliant backstory. Otherwise, I cannot wait to read this story and find out the answers to these questions you pondered while reading along.
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Post by Miriam nkere »

Beautiful cover photo. So unfortunately that person will stay without being able to u dentufy colour, good review would love to read this book.
Snigdha Roy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snigdha-roy.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Snigdha Roy »

What a fun review! The first paragraph was so cool. The concept of this book is surely rare and would love to read it. Thank you.
Joseph Akpologun
Currently Reading: Raven
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Joseph Akpologun »

Wonderful cover photo I must confess. By the way. This book, Chromatophobia, has such an amazing thriller. It's also quite fascinating that the writer, W. D. County could maintain such audience tension with Sci-fi. It almost sounded horror to me. I think it's a very great work. Although, I noticed some profanity.
Nice review also. Quite thrilling. It created a lot of suspense in me that I just had to read it.
Nathaniel Owolabi
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-owolabi.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nathaniel Owolabi »

This is definitely a book worth the Book Of The Day. It has interesting characters that are fully developed. It has a great plot that can keep the readers intrigued and it is very informative, you would learn a thing or two about color blindness. Definitely a great book and worth your time, congrats on the BOTD.
Fahad Afroz
Currently Reading: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fahad-baibras.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Fahad Afroz »

Good review and I have read the sample of the book and now I can't wait to read more from the book, it sounds so good. And I think being a colour blind myself makes me an overqualified reader, but I have never met anyone in my life who is as blind to colours as seargent miles is.
Edria Dayyinah
Favorite Book: We Were Liars
Currently Reading: Emma
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edria-dayyinah.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Edria Dayyinah »

i’m very interested on the colourblind part
i’m usually familiar with the concept of it, but i’m not sure i’ve seen anyone or any character in this case, who sees completely gray. Interesting book!
oluwalonimi29
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwalonimi29.html
Latest Review: Radioland by m.e. Elzey

Post by oluwalonimi29 »

Reading through the first paragraph got me scared and worried about how life will be if I can't see colors. Even if I don't want read this will be my driving force. Good review and Congratulations!!!+
Alexander Jacob 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Alexander Jacob 1 »

The heading is so interesting that attracts readers to read the book and the story is so also good,just wondering how the life would be If we are colour blind
CLightWriter
Currently Reading: My Living Will
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clightwriter.html
Latest Review: A Script For Aspiring Women Leaders by Mark Villareal

Post by CLightWriter »

The beginning of this book cap time immediately with the suspense of the initial assignment the main character had in targeting the “sea hag.” The next twist further gained my interest with the unveiling of his next assignment. The move to a science fiction plot drew me in. Every new chapter brings further intrigue. This will definitely be on my “ must read” list!
Sharon Njeri

Post by Sharon Njeri »

I think it's a unique blend !, the hero is colour blind and that makes him immune ...., there's so much creativity to it because normally we have mutants or zombies and aliens but colour 😊.
I think it's worth my read .I like the cover photo it's cold and colourful too.
Ruth Sunday

Post by Ruth Sunday »

This sounds like what I would definitely enjoy reading and the book cover is quite alluring. There's also the fact that it's a new concept to me and the characters are sometimes at odds with each other. Great review!
Gemjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gemjay.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Gemjay »

The book chromatophobia just as the title focuses on the character Miles who is immune to colors. This might be a blessing in disguise as a rash is spreading out affecting everyone except him who is color blind. This book sounds intriguing. Congrats BOTD!
John Arun Kumar
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-arun-kumar.html
Latest Review: Sophistries of Summer Days by Jenny Lofters

Post by John Arun Kumar »

Science fiction using colour blindness as a tool to solve a mystery. Interesting. It has science theories but also amidst other practices magic weaved into the plot. I would like to read this sometime to find out more.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”