Review of The Chrysalis and the Creatures of the Highlands

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of The Chrysalis and the Creatures of the Highlands

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Chrysalis and the Creatures of the Highlands" by Bruce Rowe.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

At the beginning of the "Second Age," all creatures lived by the design of the "Earth Maker." There was a natural order of things, and the descendants of Fangoria and Angora lived by their instincts. They lived by the rule of the chase, which means that for one to eat, he must pursue the quarry. As the number of the "Dire Wolves" increased by tenfold and their lands running out of spoil of chase, desperate times require desperate measures. Balance must be restored, but not without a cost. Will the sacrifice of the Lagomorphs and their allies be enough? Or will it take a more significant force like the Chrysalis to restore balance? Read The Chrysalis: Creatures of the Highlands by Bruce Rowe for a breathtaking experience in the world of animals.

The thrill of reading this book is something I will not forget in a hurry. I absolutely enjoyed the fact that the author took his time to reveal the book's vast plot. Each chapter bore a significance that was carried over to the next chapter. It made reading the book a bit like solving a jigsaw puzzle because each piece of information in every chapter mattered. Talks about the "Great Hunt" started from the first chapter, but the author built up the anticipation without losing his audience in the process.

I also loved the inclusion of astronomy in the plot of the book. It was something I could relate to. The joining of "star forms" and interpretation of constellations by Goodwin and Ayame were brilliant. It was also a subtle lesson for me not to take signs for granted. I must commend the author's style of writing. His poetic usage of English added spice of life to the book.

I could not find a single thing I disliked about this book. I considered nothing a negative point. I had a good time reading the text from the first chapter to the last. It's like an experience for me. Furthermore, the book appeared professionally edited, as I found only a few errors throughout the text. Therefore, I rate it four out of four stars.

The book was well executed, and I recommend it to those interested in tales of animals and adventures. I also feel young readers would gladly enjoy this book, as it suits their age. If you are not a good fan of tales about animals, this book may not be for you.

The Chrysalis and the Creatures of the Highlands
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amohelang M
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Amohelang M »

Wow interesting book and i love animals because they give impression about how to live life
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

Interesting plot right here. I'd love to know how the earth continued at the increase of the Dire Wolves. Great review.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

It sounds like a wonderful story with wolves and signs are something which shouldn't be missed. I would like to read this book as it sounds amazing. Thank you for a concise review!
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-osmond.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Post by Mercy Osmond »

Wow this review got me. Seems like a book with exciting scenes. excellent review.
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Post by Dimi1 »

It seems like a great book that slowly builds on the story until it reaches the climax. I also enjoy reading facts on astronomy. Thanks for the great insight!
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I love reading thrilling books. It makes it even better when everything in it is important, and there is no "filler" in the book. Thanks for a great review!
mohamed elshemi
Currently Reading: Magic Blue Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by mohamed elshemi »

Looking forward to the world of wild animals with an exciting and interesting character
Switching ages and living inside the dark world is not to express it in a short message but to say
Really thank you to the author of the novel, it is worth following
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Initially, this seemed like a novel telling a simple story but I see that it gets more sophisticated with each chapter for an intriguing read. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”