Official Review: Christina Powers American Goddess

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joy C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-c.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Re: Official Review: Christina Powers American Goddess

Post by Joy C »

Wow. Such an exhilarating plot. I'd love to read this book. Thanks for such an amazing review!
Begin always with the end in mind. :techie-studyingbrown:
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I like that Christina overcomes her difficulties and becomes successful in her own right. Thank you for an insightful review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Buk Nerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buk-nerd.html
Latest Review: Ribzkniks by Y M Georges

Post by Buk Nerd »

Christina sounds like an intriguing character. I’m curious to read about her life and exploits. Thanks for sharing.
"Literature is the most agreeable way of ignoring life." - Fernando Pessoa :techie-studyinggray:
BookBoyP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookboyp.html
Latest Review: Purges of the Soul by Cathy S Birn

Post by BookBoyP »

One thing I can say I take away from this book is that when Christina had a falling out with people close to her, she didn't just sit around feeling sad about herself. She got up and changed location and started all over and therefore making a life for herself. A lesson we all could emulate. Good review.
Timothy Rucinski
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Captive
Bookshelf Size: 610
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: The Socratic Contract by D C Russell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 28%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

I'll be skipping this book as the story is not of any particular interest. In addition, I disagree with the review as I found the pages that I read to be littered with typos and grammatical errors. I would hope that the author decides to hire a professional editor to tidy up the novel.
Odette Chace
Favorite Book: The History of Love
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 576
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odette-chace.html
Latest Review: Everyday Pocket Poetry by LoAnn Twedt

Post by Odette Chace »

When I read the synopsis on Amazon, I thought this book would be a bit all over the place. I'm glad to hear that the narrative flows better than I anticipated it would, even if some the relationships are a bit rushed. Thanks for a great review.
sylvia+cummings
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 227

Post by sylvia+cummings »

Christina Powers American Goddess ~ is a Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book which tells of the life of Christina Powers, who met and fell in love with two men, baseball player, John Everett, and Frank, and soon became disconnected with them both.

Months later travelled to Rome where she changed her identity. Later returned to her home land America, where she lived a fun-filled life. Insightful. Intriguing. Emotional. Fun and Heartbreak. Professionally edited.

~ Thanks to the Author
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

This is a book full of fun, sadness, and adventures. Lady Christina is a star of this book. I love the character of Christina because she is strong, talented, knows what she wants, and gets what she wants.
_claudi_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by _claudi_ »

I think knowing when to move on is a great virtue that was shown by Christina. A lesson that every one can learn from. Good review.
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by rusyalana »

The book sounds interesting and engaging. It explores such topics as environment, music, gender equality, surrogacy, homosexuality, sexuality and Christianity that will sure attract a lot of readers. It will be interesting to read this book and find out more about Christina's turbulent life. Congratulations on becoming BOTD!
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

Will she get that office or not? I'm curious and I'll definitely add this one to my reading stack.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Christina led an interesting life. She overcame her heartbreak and used her talents to build a strong career. Thanks for listing the book's themes. That was helpful. Great writing!
Josephine A 2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Josephine A 2 »

This is a great review..it makes you want to read the book even if you don't feel like. I like the way you praised the character and showed she was a strong woman who worked hard to achieve her goals. A very well written interesting review
Juma Beryl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juma-beryl.html
Latest Review: The Cadence of Excellence by Matthew McDarby

Post by Juma Beryl »

thanks for the well explained review,from my perspective the book shows the growth of Christina from what i can term as immature and underdeveloped relations that led her to heartbreaks and a lot of pain but she grows and matures from her pain and she focuses on her career and development.i think this book might help someone out there develop and strengthen her/his relationships by learning a few things from Christina's story.
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

I'm not sure what to think of this one. It's listed as Sci-fi/Fantasy, but it seems too political and romantic for my tastes. I'm actually not sure where the Sci-fi/Fantasy comes in. Still, for those who are interested, it's nice that the book's well written. I'm sure people will love going through Christina's entire adult life with her; that creates a much stronger bond with the protagonist and understanding of their choices and feelings. I really don't think I could stomach reading through that many romantic relationships, but I know some people live for them.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”