Did Nephilim Really Help Noah with Building the Ark before the Flood?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Did Nephilim Really Help Noah with Building the Ark before the Flood?

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

As I know, Noah built his ark to save his family and other animals from the Flood. This is actually mentioned in the Bible. But I have not heard about Nephilim helping something with it.

So, what do you think about Nephilim in this book? Did Nephilim actually do that in the Bible, or is this just the author's opinion?
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Samgum50 »

I think that this is just the authors opinion. I've never seen biblical backing to confirm that theory.
jhunt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhunt.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by jhunt »

I believe it's just the author's opinion. I have not read of Nephilim during my own Bible practice.
writestuff
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writestuff.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by writestuff »

It's a thin line to tread. The Nephilim in my studies refers to a rank of Angels. There is belief that Angels lay with humans and giants were created. As to if they helped with the ark its a concept that makes sense.
Cynthia_Oluchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-oluchi.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by Cynthia_Oluchi »

We already know the author wrote so many things from his opinion—this is just one of them.
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-fanatic.html
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato

Post by book_fanatic_ »

The author just tried to fill gaps that were left in the biblical stories. This one is one of the fillers that the author uses through his perception and imagination.
She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. - Annie Dillard
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato
Kemmy11
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemmy11.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kemmy11 »

The bible never reported that Nephilim helped Noah in building the ark. To the best of my knowledge, Noah built the ark to save his family and the animals from the flood. nothing was mentioned about Nephilim.
Wuoketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wuoketch.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wuoketch »

This was the authors opinion. The bible doesn't really account for Nephilim helping Noah build the Ark.
Dee_Robert
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Currently Reading: Reel sisters
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-robert.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Dee_Robert »

writestuff wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 22:36 It's a thin line to tread. The Nephilim in my studies refers to a rank of Angels. There is belief that Angels lay with humans and giants were created. As to if they helped with the ark its a concept that makes sense.
An extremely thin line to thread, especially because in subsequent books they mat be considered enemies of Gods plan, even in the way of their birth.
For me, For man & For God.
-Dee.
Dee_Robert
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Currently Reading: Reel sisters
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-robert.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Dee_Robert »

book_fanatic_ wrote: 02 Jun 2020, 03:12 The author just tried to fill gaps that were left in the biblical stories. This one is one of the fillers that the author uses through his perception and imagination.
Yes, but most Christians may be offended by this perception or imagination
For me, For man & For God.
-Dee.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

writestuff wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 22:36 It's a thin line to tread. The Nephilim in my studies refers to a rank of Angels. There is belief that Angels lay with humans and giants were created. As to if they helped with the ark its a concept that makes sense.
Yeah this is interesting. The author maybe used his imagination to write about what could probably happen.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:

Samgum50 wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 21:17 I think that this is just the authors opinion. I've never seen biblical backing to confirm that theory.
Yes, I thought so too. The Bible has never said that.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:

Wuoketch wrote: 02 Jun 2020, 05:28 This was the authors opinion. The bible doesn't really account for Nephilim helping Noah build the Ark.
Yeah I think so too.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

bookreviewmi1111 wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 17:39 As I know, Noah built his ark to save his family and other animals from the Flood. This is actually mentioned in the Bible. But I have not heard about Nephilim helping something with it.

So, what do you think about Nephilim in this book? Did Nephilim actually do that in the Bible, or is this just the author's opinion?
It's the author's opinion. The account in the Bible shows that the Nephilim didn't help Noah to build the ark. They were rogue giant beings that influenced violence on earth.
(“The mighty ones who were of old, the men of fame” that were produced by these marriages, were not men of fame with God, for they did not survive the Flood, as did Noah and his family. They were “Nephilim,” bullies, tyrants, who no doubt helped to make conditions worse. Their angelic fathers, knowing the construction of the human body and being able to materialize, were not creating life, but lived in these human bodies and, cohabiting with women, brought forth children. Their children, “mighty ones,” were therefore unauthorized hybrids. Apparently the Nephilim did not, in turn, have children.")
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
_Lindsey_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindsey.html
Latest Review: The Curl by Raymond George Ward

Post by _Lindsey_ »

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain that it's not in the original biblical texts.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”