Is the Bible incomplete?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
Grand_bookie
Currently Reading: Water Born
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grand-bookie.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Re: Is the Bible incomplete?

Post by Grand_bookie »

I do believe that the Bible is complete but to be honest, I still think some scenes in the Bible needs clarification and I don't think it is righteous to add after notes to the Bible. Check Revelation; chapter 22, verses 18. So with that explained, adding to the scriptures isn't righteous, ig.
Msred325
Favorite Book: It
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172

Post by Msred325 »

B Creech wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 18:13
Sushan wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 10:06 The author gives additional descriptions, which are not found in the original Bible, to the story from creating Adam and Eve, up to the worldwide flood. Most of who has studied the Bible must have had his/her own thoughts regarding these lacking parts. Does this mean that the Bible is incomplete? On the other hand, is it righteous to add after-notes to a religious book like the Bible?
I do not believe the Bible is incomplete. There would not be enough room to write everything about God! I believe it is as complete as God wants it to be, we are not meant to know everything because we are not on the same realm as God. We are human, He is spiritual so we could not comprehend it all in our present state. That is just my opinion. Is it righteous to add after-notes to a religious book like the Bible? I say it is not righteous. I understand the author is using his imagination to fill in the gaps, which is what makes the book fiction. However, in the story of Adam and Eve, there wasn't just gaps being filled in, there were changes made to what the Bible actually says, which I have a problem with. I will continue reading to see how it goes unless I feel too much is being changed and not just being 'filled in.' Thanks for these questions!
I totally agree. Adam and Eve wanted to know everything, and we see where that got them. Actually where it got us.
carnation+99
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by carnation+99 »

If the bible was to be completed we wouldn't even be able to carry it , the are a lot of things which are not included in the bible i can also give an example of that in the bible it tells us about how man were created but not how Angels came to be , but for what is written now in the bible is for us to have faith in him and its even more than enough .
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Post by Ada Ling »

Leen282 wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 15:08 Since the book is presented as fiction, I don't think it is meant to be read as trying to complete the Bible. For me one has nothing to do with the other.
Agree. The book is fiction. So the book and bible are not exact apple to apple comparison.
ZZZBiggs23
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ZZZBiggs23 »

In regards to being a complete book the 66 book canon that we call the "Bible" Rome and the Council of Nicaea has taken a lot of scriptures out which should'nt have been taken out and so many more that missing. Which makes the Bible the book itself incomplete but is more than enough scripture to get its point across and help many people
princessasia107
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by princessasia107 »

I feel like the Bible is complete. The fact that we can use the stories in the Bible to guide us through out our lives is very important. Even though all these stories in the Bible took place a long time ago it doesn’t change the fact that we can still use these stories and their lessons for answers we have about whats happening in our lives currently. Also knowing that we don’t know everything about God doesn’t mean that the bible is incomplete.
Chinelookeke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinelookeke.html
Latest Review: Fear Me Now by Christopher Williams

Post by Chinelookeke »

The Bible was written by some people and translated by some others and I am pretty sure that some things might have been left out but even if the Bible is complete or not ,what's important is that the message that we are supposed to get from the Bible actually got to us. I am saying some things were left out but there's actually no proof to that. So it's possible that the Bible is incomplete.
The_Vivian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-vivian.html
Latest Review: Shield Down by William de Berg

Post by The_Vivian »

Based on the fact that the book is fictional, I don't think the writer was trying to feel up the spaces in the Bible rather I think he was trying to give his own imaginative version like some of us Christians have. However, it is wrong to add or subtract from the Bible. But I really don't think that this is the intention of the writer.
Vic Chimezie
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vic-chimezie.html
Latest Review: All The Good Little Girls Keep Quiet by K. Kibbee

Post by Vic Chimezie »

The Bible being incomplete or complete depends on how you look at it. Can any book tell everything about the supreme being that created the man that the book was written through? No! I think we have been given what we need to know in the Bible. Hence, it is complete. But considering how big God is, we can say it is incompletely complete. If that makes any sense.
Uncle_Praise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uncle-praise.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Uncle_Praise »

I do not agree the Bible is incomplete. I feel the author felt the need of adding some additional contents to it based on his understanding. Perhaps even when a delicious meal is completely done, we still have some people ready to add extra sauce and marinade to it. Likewise the story of the Killing Abel
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Ada Ling wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 00:24
Leen282 wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 15:08 Since the book is presented as fiction, I don't think it is meant to be read as trying to complete the Bible. For me one has nothing to do with the other.
Agree. The book is fiction. So the book and bible are not exact apple to apple comparison.
That is true. Such a comparison is impossible
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Sushan Ekanayake
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now

Uncle_Praise wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 03:59 I do not agree the Bible is incomplete. I feel the author felt the need of adding some additional contents to it based on his understanding. Perhaps even when a delicious meal is completely done, we still have some people ready to add extra sauce and marinade to it. Likewise the story of the Killing Abel
People have their personal preferences regarding everything, and it is same for the bible as well

- Bill Gates -

Sushan Ekanayake

The_Vivian wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 14:33 Based on the fact that the book is fictional, I don't think the writer was trying to feel up the spaces in the Bible rather I think he was trying to give his own imaginative version like some of us Christians have. However, it is wrong to add or subtract from the Bible. But I really don't think that this is the intention of the writer.
The author did not intend to do so, and it was merely his imagination, based on historical facts

- Bill Gates -

Grand_bookie
Currently Reading: Water Born
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grand-bookie.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Grand_bookie »

It is normal for humans to say the Bible isn't complete but it is complete. It is wrong for you to add or subtract from the Bible (check Revelation 22 vs 18). And since this novel is fiction, what it says shouldn't affect the real messages from the Bible. I believe that assumptions penned in this book is not a way of completing the Bible.
Fem187
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fem187.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Fem187 »

The subject of the holy Bible is something many perceive differently. Though the Bible was was in writing for aver a period of over a thousand years. I believe that the content left out did not fuffil certain criteria to make them canonical.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”