Is the Bible incomplete?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2020 Book of the month, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.
Angie Lola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angie-lola.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Re: Is the Bible incomplete?

Post by Angie Lola »

I think it is important to note the writer meant the book to be fictional although largely drawn from the Bible.
So yes, let it not confuse readers, the Bible is complete
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 308
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

Sushan wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 10:06 The author gives additional descriptions, which are not found in the original Bible, to the story from creating Adam and Eve, up to the worldwide flood. Most of who has studied the Bible must have had his/her own thoughts regarding these lacking parts. Does this mean that the Bible is incomplete? On the other hand, is it righteous to add after-notes to a religious book like the Bible?
Like you said, everybody has their own interpretation to fill in the blanks left by the bible just like the author did, and I truly don't think there's anything wrong with that just as long as you stay true to the message of the Bible. I don't think of the Bible as incomplete. I think that the Bible focused more on the spiritual aspects and message it was trying to convey.
Zulaykha_001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zulaykha-001.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Post by Zulaykha_001 »

I've heard stories of missing parts in the Bible, and when I asked some of my Christian friends some said it went missing and some said it was removed. So I think the Bible is incomplete but that doesn't change the fact that it is a Holy book
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

The Bible is perfect as it is. Nothing needs to be taken away nor anything added to it. In this story, the author just displays the level of creativity. It shouldn't be taken seriously. This book can be for light reading.
Bennaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bennaji.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Bennaji »

I wouldn't deny that after reading this book, I began to feel the same way too. The way the author added details to the already existing facts in the Bible can make one to tow this line of thinking. The Bible, however is complete as God has a reason for leaving it that way.
fire_spice
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fire-spice.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by fire_spice »

Sushan wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 10:06 The author gives additional descriptions, which are not found in the original Bible, to the story from creating Adam and Eve, up to the worldwide flood. Most of who has studied the Bible must have had his/her own thoughts regarding these lacking parts. Does this mean that the Bible is incomplete? On the other hand, is it righteous to add after-notes to a religious book like the Bible?
The Bible is a collection of records from the past. Records may not cover everything and so there's yet a lot one can discover using those records as a guide. I believe there's more that is yet to be discovered. I think it's okay if they are verified and meet a certain standard of authenticity. There is no religious law I know of that forbids it though, using one's imagination to better understand the Bible and stories of the past.
Prestige-best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prestige-best.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prestige-best »

I think the Bible is a mysterious book. Some mysteries have been omitted for the good of mankind. So the Bible is complete based on it's purpose to mankind.
Bioluwrites
Currently Reading: Back Home
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bioluwrites.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Bioluwrites »

AmyMarie2171 wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 16:12 I don't think the two are connected at all. If the Bible had included every detail about every story beyond what is absolutely critical, then we'd never be able to finish reading it. Since the Bible was put together by councils who chose what would be canon, we know that some of what was originally written was left out. Nevertheless, 2 Timothy 3:16 says that "All scripture is given by inspiration of God," so I tend to believe that what is in the Bible now is complete due to divine inspiration.
Exactly!
Maris Charles M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maris-charles-m.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Maris Charles M »

The Bible is perfectly complete. The author to me wrote based on his imaginations even though I think the he over-exaggerated it.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

strange question
The Bible is very complete
julietmumbua23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julietmumbua23.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by julietmumbua23 »

I believe the Bible may be incomplete. There is a lot that may have happened especially at the beginning that we do not know.
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

The Bible is complete.
Donald Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-trust.html
Latest Review: Rosa by Barbara de la Cuesta

Post by Donald Trust »

The Bible is complete but complex. I don't think the author added story outside the Bible he only out of imagination tried to break down the complex stories.
Cocobutta
Currently Reading: Hidden Current
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cocobutta.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cocobutta »

I feel like the Bible is a compact story of what happened during those times but I do not think there is any relevant information that was left out, just minute details.
Micah_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micah-1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micah_1 »

I wouldn't really say the Bible is incomplete, but there are some places that doesn't give a detailed account of what happened, and at times we begin to wonder what could have transpired there. The author filled those gaps with his thoughts and view of what could have happened during those intervals in the Bible.

Return to “Discuss "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman”