Particular Bible verses to help you (from the book)?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2020 Book of the month, "Grace Revealed: Finding God's Strength in Any Crisis" by Frederick J. Sievert.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Re: Particular Bible verses to help you?

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

To be honest, there are so many that it is hard to pick just one! I like the book of Romans because it provides a lot of advice about the beliefs and lifestyles of a Christian. :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
maxiphemmax
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maxiphemmax.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by maxiphemmax »

All the words of the Lord are given for instruction and guardiance. The author did a great job in using this as an avenue for each reader to get close to the Lord. His word standeth sure. I personally admire the verse of the Bible which says the hand of the Lord is not too short to save. That's isaiah 59:1. God's word is powerful
Miraphery
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miraphery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Miraphery »

Definitely psalm 91 as it encourages me in situations where I'm afraid.
Laura Lee
Currently Reading: Holiday in Death 
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-lee.html
Latest Review: My ABC "Chair" Book by Barbara H. Hartsfield

Post by Laura Lee »

What a great question! When I was going through a divorce, I was terrified that my vindictive ex, who had all the hallmarks of a sociopath, would get custody. I got a large pad of newsprint and wrote Bible promises on them. I posted them all over the house. Any flat surface upon which my eyes would light while walking through the house had a Bible promise. The one I saw last at night and first in the morning was Isaiah 49:25: “But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.”
Laura Lee

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx
Laura Lee
Currently Reading: Holiday in Death 
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-lee.html
Latest Review: My ABC "Chair" Book by Barbara H. Hartsfield

Post by Laura Lee »

Katie Canedy wrote: 20 May 2020, 22:31 To be honest, there are so many that it is hard to pick just one! I like the book of Romans because it provides a lot of advice about the beliefs and lifestyles of a Christian. :)
Oh, yes! Especially Romans 8:35, 37-39: Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Laura Lee

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Laura Lee wrote: 21 May 2020, 05:23 What a great question! When I was going through a divorce, I was terrified that my vindictive ex, who had all the hallmarks of a sociopath, would get custody. I got a large pad of newsprint and wrote Bible promises on them. I posted them all over the house. Any flat surface upon which my eyes would light while walking through the house had a Bible promise. The one I saw last at night and first in the morning was Isaiah 49:25: “But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.”
Thank you for sharing! I hope all went well. Glad you found solace and strength in the Bible.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

AmyMarie2171 wrote: 19 May 2020, 18:54 I've grown up in church and have gone as faithfully as possible in my adulthood, but I've found that I don't rely on Bible verses as much as do simply speaking to God from the heart.
I feel exactly the same, and I do go to church and have been raised in faith all my life...But I don't rely on one specific Bible verse.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:

Post by AntonelaMaria »

espo wrote: 20 May 2020, 13:42
Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 01 May 2020, 18:50 I particularly connected with the following verse:

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)

I find this to be very uplifting; when we are feeling lost in life , it is comforting knowing that we are not alone.
I love this Psalm. I remember clinging so much onto this Psalm when I was going through a soul-crushing breakup two years ago.
As someone who doesn't really rely on the Bible verses I love to read everybody's answers. I like this psalm, I can see how helpful it is. Great that you find it in your need.
moowshiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moowshiri.html
Latest Review: The Kings Death by Ed Cannon

Post by moowshiri »

The following words from the following verse have always inspired me to a great extent: Isaiah 54:17 That "No weapon formed against me shall prosper."
ErikaP13
Favorite Author: Terry Brooks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erikap13.html
Latest Review: The Eye of Illumination by W.C. Gorski
fav_author_id: 5000

Post by ErikaP13 »

It's always inspiring to me to see the meaning certain verses have for certain people. Faith can be such a personalised thing and the same verse can have different meanings to different people. Seeing the connotations others have with verses in threads like this make things feel more personal.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

I love being reminded Romans 8:28, where it says that everything works for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. This verse always uplifts me and encourages me, as I know that Jesus is in control of my life.
mbiku254
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbiku254.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by mbiku254 »

While reading the book, I found some aspiring verses that were of great importance into our lives. For instance, that of phillipians 4:13, which encourages as to on the strength provided by God. Huh.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

I also love Isaiah chapter 61, where God promises to heal the brokenhearted, set the captives free, and bring joy to those who are mourning through Jesus Christ.
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Post by Tonika632 »

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." This one was my favourite even before I read a book. It just lifts my spirit. I love it!
Fem187
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fem187.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Fem187 »

Psalm 91 is particularly importance to me. In crises God promise is ever be abiding.

Return to “Discuss "Grace Revealed " by Frederick J. Sievert”