Most relatable part of the book

Use this forum to discuss the April 2020 Book of the month, "Project Tau" by Jude Austin
Halibean2428
Currently Reading: The Dearly Beloved
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-halibean2428.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Most relatable part of the book

Post by Halibean2428 »

What was the most relatable part of the book for you? What part made you feel a connection to the story?
ZettieOby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by ZettieOby »

The aspect of being extremely shy and also being prone to bullies. Becoming spiteful and angry then wanting to retaliate.
Awesomeliker
Currently Reading: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awesomeliker.html
Latest Review: The Demon of the Well by James B. Hendricks

Post by Awesomeliker »

ZettieOby wrote: 26 May 2020, 09:39 The aspect of being extremely shy and also being prone to bullies. Becoming spiteful and angry then wanting to retaliate.
I totally agree. The bullying experience is an everyday occurence that I also found really relatable.
Live your life in a way that you won't look back and regret things :D
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I related to Kalin's thoughts about his mother. He wondered how his family would be handling his disappearance and never lost the desire to be reunited with his loved ones.
abhibilala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by abhibilala »

The most relatable part of this book to me was when the most precious thing to Andrew gets taken away from him. It was a matter of karma, because he worked in a dangerous corporation that stripped away human life. Karma was the most relatable part, since I have been punished by instant karma earlier in my life
Abhi07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhi07.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by Abhi07 »

I related to Kalin's thoughts about his mother. He wondered how his family would be handling his disappearance and never lost the desire to be reunited with his loved ones.
mehrunisa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by mehrunisa »

The most relatable part to me was Kalin's homesickness for his loved ones it's refreshing to see something like this which can sometimes be overlooked in books as well as being concerned for the reaction and consequences his disappearance may have
kljrox
Favorite Book: The Pentagon Years
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kljrox.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by kljrox »

The most relatable part for me was wanting to fit in or be accepted. When a person will do just about anything to feel a sense of belonging it's sad. And as you see in this book, very destructive.
"I promised myself that I would take the time to notice simple beauty every day."
Richard L. Haight
aruntr2001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aruntr2001.html
Latest Review: Theatre of Racial Conflict by Bunmi Popoola

Post by aruntr2001 »

While I was studying in High school there were some of my good friends who had been the frequent victims of bullying by my classmates and senior as well. I could relate some of the incidents mentioned in the story to those incidents and it just reappeared my mind while I was taken through the story.
Brianna_MC_griffin97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brianna-mc-griffin97.html
Latest Review: Finding James by Nancy Blaha

Post by Brianna_MC_griffin97 »

The most relatable part of the book for me would be being taken away from the only home that one has ever known and being away from family. As a child, I was taken from my family, away from my mom and her side of the family because I would have to spend the weekend with my father. I was not tortured like Kalin, but I was emotionally and verbally abused by someone who was supposed to love me. I was taken away from the ones who loved me just because of the court system, so I know what it is like to be forced to do something that I do not want to do. I felt a connection to the part where Kalin's mother and father miss him. When I was away from my mother, I always wondered how she was doing and how she felt when I was made to leave her. I could really connect to this story. Kalin was taken from his home, his life, his new journey for college, and his future. Everything was ripped away from him and he had to do certain things in order to survive. This is a story that really pulls at the heartstrings and makes someone wonder what his or her life would be like if their rights were taken away from them.
Tochukwu Godson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tochukwu-godson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tochukwu Godson »

For me, the part where Kalin will have to decide between his conscience and the demand on him.
S Chifunda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-chifunda.html
Latest Review: The Margin of Error by Beverly Grasley

Post by S Chifunda »

I felt that the bullying aspect was the most relatable. Bullies and bullying were commonplace when I was growing up but sadly now I realize that bullying is a frame of mind that will grow with the person.
InventorT
Currently Reading: One Way or Another
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inventort.html
Latest Review: Better Dead Than Divorced by Lukas Thanasis Konandreas, M.D.

Post by InventorT »

The most relatable part for me was when he agreed to what he was dared to do just to feel among
Henrytbab
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henrytbab.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Henrytbab »

ZettieOby wrote: 26 May 2020, 09:39 The aspect of being extremely shy and also being prone to bullies. Becoming spiteful and angry then wanting to retaliate.
Yes. Wanting to retaliate is an instinctive response.
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
-George Bernard Shaw
Henrytbab
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henrytbab.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Henrytbab »

InventorT wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 08:04 The most relatable part for me was when he agreed to what he was dared to do just to feel among
So relatable. Most of us will go out of our ways in order to retain our sense of belonging.
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
-George Bernard Shaw

Return to “Discuss "Project Tau" by Jude Austin”