The Ending.

Use this forum to discuss the April 2020 Book of the month, "Project Tau" by Jude Austin
Splendour0606
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-splendour0606.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Re: The Ending.

Post by Splendour0606 »

Yea,they got their justice,but no amount of killing can equate to what they have lost.
NatRose
Currently Reading: The Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natrose.html
Latest Review: Who Was That Masked Kid by Dan Neiser

Post by NatRose »

This was one of the more satisfying ending I've read recently. I think morbid justice is a good way to put it in the sense that the scientists and Mason got what was coming to them, though of course it will never make up for what they did to Kata and Tau. I appreciate how well Jude was able to wrap everything up satisfactorily while still leaving lots of room for a sequel.
Marlaszw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marlaszw.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Marlaszw »

I think it was the perfect ending for a book that has a sequel. I have read books in a series that just seemed to stop on a random page. This book had a clear end. The fact that not everything was tied up in a pretty little bow is to be expected in a series, since we need to have some questions driving us to pick up the next book. (Which I did the day after I finished this one.) As far as how they escaped, I think it was the only probable option. And yes, Kalin was smart enough, even though he was 'only a high school gradutate' I think there are plenty of hints as to the level of his intelligence in the book to cover that. He was so smart in fact, they he did not even try to hack into the system, but snuck in the back door, using Chatton's password.
Kaia_Faye
Currently Reading: The Count of Monte Cristo
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaia-faye.html
Latest Review: Donny and Vladdy by M.G. Crisci
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kaia_Faye »

I really liked the ending, and thought it made sense given what Kalin had been through. I can understand his actions and sympathize with them, but I wouldn't say it was totally justifiable. He killed a lot of people (like I keep thinking there was probably some janitor who got killed because they happened to be working there that day) and killing these people also harmed people who had nothing to with him (spouses and children of the scientists, for example). I don't think he thought of the full repercussions of his actions, but it set up nicely for the sequel.
Nath_chuks
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nath-chuks.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Nath_chuks »

Although the damages done by the scientists can't be reversed, I think a sense of morbid justice was achieved but in a cruel manner.
BrittanyHorne2020
Currently Reading: The Third Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittanyhorne2020.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by BrittanyHorne2020 »

There was definitely a morbid justice. The only person they left alive was the one person who had a standout act of kindness.
Nujudee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nujudee.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Nujudee »

I really didn't like the ending of the novel.
It didn't serve the required justice i presumed the characters were meant to serve.
VictorKE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victorke.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by VictorKE »

According to me, there wasn't Justice. Having killed everyone and only sparing one scientist, could not reverse the damages.
Leah M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leah-m.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Leah M »

I think there was some bit of justice with the ending. It will, however, be awesome to find out how Tau fairs in the outside world.
Shelyce
Currently Reading: Childhood's End
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelyce.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Shelyce »

SarahJean7 wrote: 11 Apr 2020, 15:50 I think there is plenty of story left to tell with what the author has set up. Amy’s pregnancy, the sparing of Dr. Chatton, Tau and Kalin (or Kata if you prefer that persona) going out into the world. I would love to see this world that Jude Austin created filled out a little more. We’re obviously in the future and we’re not limited to one world. I’d like some exploration on that front. Also, GenTech isn’t limited to the facility they destroyed. We’re told that some of the scientists may have escaped during the chaos. I highly doubt we’ve seen the end of GenTech’s hand in the lives of Tau and Kalin.

I had some similar thoughts at the end of Project Tau----so much story left to tell! I was eager to read a sequel where I could find out more about where Amy escaped to and GenTech's reaction to the massacre as well as where Kata and Tau will end up. I can't wait for Jude Austin to explore more than Trandellia in the sequel novel!
Dreamer80
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dreamer80.html
Latest Review: How Trends Make You A Smarter Investor by Gabrielle Dahms

Post by Dreamer80 »

I'm kind of in between. Kalin had suffered through so much that even with this killing, he could never take back any of the pain, and therefore, I don't think he received justice. But then, the killings were justified. Fingers crossed for a sequel.
Reubeney
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reubeney.html
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited

Post by Reubeney »

I just felt like justice was achieved through the killing though it was well crafted to allow the readers to anticipate on the implied sequel of this book.
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-fanatic.html
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato

Post by book_fanatic_ »

Killing the culprits doesn't actually mean that the justice is provided. Though it provides a sense of satisfaction but the "actual" Kalin is lost and what's lost cannot be retrieved by this "justice". I also felt that it could have an open-ending.
She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. - Annie Dillard
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato
Sumansona1344
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumansona1344.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Sumansona1344 »

It was an ending which I really wanted as it gave me a sense that justice was served. It was satisfying as well as just at the same time.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

I didn’t like the book so i was not able to finish it and never came across the ending but i would like to give it a try again and finish it.

Return to “Discuss "Project Tau" by Jude Austin”