Ask the Author! (Please!)

Use this forum to discuss the April 2020 Book of the month, "Project Tau" by Jude Austin
JudasFm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judasfm.html
Latest Review: The Palm Reader by Christopher Bowron

Re: Ask the Author! (Please!)

Post by JudasFm »

Priyanka2304 wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 05:36
Hey Jude, it was a fun read! Are you planning to write another piece and when can we expect the book to be out? Science fiction like this has always been my favorite.
Hi Priyanka2304! :tiphat:
Thank you so much! The second book, "Homecoming," has been out for some time already, and you can read more about the sequels and the future of the series in this post! :D

Vic Chimezie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vic-chimezie.html
Latest Review: Desert Sanctuary by Fred G. Baker

Post by Vic Chimezie »

Hello Jude,
I am yet to read this book due to one I currently reading. I love science fictions but often wonder where these engulfing imaginations stem from. Please, what inspires you to tell a particular story. What inspired this particular story?

JudasFm
Currently Reading:

Post by JudasFm »

Vic Chimezie wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 03:09
Hello Jude,
I am yet to read this book due to one I currently reading. I love science fictions but often wonder where these engulfing imaginations stem from. Please, what inspires you to tell a particular story. What inspired this particular story?
Hi Vic Chimezie! :tiphat:
It's a long story ;) So long, in fact, that it had to be given its own post to answer it. You can read all about the inspiration for Project Tau here!

aaurba
2019 Reading Goal: 12
Currently Reading: encoded
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by aaurba »

Hi, Jude.
I want to ask, do you plan to write novels in other genres? If so, what literary genres?
David Perez

JudasFm
Currently Reading:

Post by JudasFm »

aaurba wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 00:11
Hi, Jude.
I want to ask, do you plan to write novels in other genres? If so, what literary genres?
Hi aaurba! :tiphat:

Does comedic fantasy a la Terry Pratchett count? (Note: I am not implying for one minute I'm on a par with Sir Pterry, but he is one of my greatest inspirations ;) ) Anyway, I have plans for a comedic fantasy series in the works that pokes affectionate - and hopefully very gentle - fun at RPG cliches. The problem is that I have too many ideas for that; I have several characters who all want their stories told, and they're all from different parts of that world and, in some cases, different times.

I also wrote a terrorist/thriller called Tsunami, which is out of print. I might rerelease it as an ebook, but there are a lot of problems with it: notably the fact that technology marches on, and a lot of things wouldn't work now. IIRC, it was written just before I wrote Project Tau, way back in 2006. One of the MCs - Alex Fox - has been on the streets since she was 14, and is 23 at the time of the book. She has very little knowledge about things like the internet beyond emails. Fair enough when it was set in 2006 and she would have been born in 1982-1983 (I was born in 1982 and didn't go online for the first time until I was 14 and didn't get internet at home until I was 16).

If I published that now, though, that character would have been born in the late 90s, grown up in the 2000s/2010s, and so that level of technological ignorance would make no sense to readers. There's no plot-related reason to set it in 2006, but there are a few plot developments and hooks that rely on Alex's lack of IT know-how.

So I might rewrite that and release it in ebook format, but I really don't know. It doesn't help that I don't much like Tsunami, so I'm in no hurry to work on it ;)

Return to “Discuss "Project Tau" by Jude Austin”