Hillary's Character Development

Use this forum to discuss the March 2020 Book of the month, "House of Eire" by June Gillam.
Grace Bela
Currently Reading: Jesus Calling
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-bela.html
Latest Review: Moon Luck by Wayne Scott Harral

Hillary's Character Development

Post by Grace Bela »

For those of you who have read other books of the Hillary Broome Novels, how do you think Hillary changes as a person within this book or throughout the whole series? I've really enjoyed seeing the effects of relationships and family in her life. The focus on Irish heritage in this book was especially cool for me because of the detail and research Gillam put in.
Pstodumeje
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pstodumeje.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Pstodumeje »

Hillary is a successful ghostwriter.I like the build-up of character Hillary. The author was able to make the reader understand the personality of pillar.Hillary tries to dig into her family deep roots. I did understand the writers point of view.Hillary was so happy to exploit the country with her daughter.
Princepetr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princepetr.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Princepetr »

The writer did a good job in the development of the characters especially Hilary. Hillary was a reporter. Later she became a ghostwriter. She is from California. She is married to a Ed. Ed is a detective. Hilary traveled to Ireland to learn about her friend's crusade.
gracedivine
Currently Reading: Project Tau
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by gracedivine »

Her research on the history and culture of Ireland is superb. She did an awesome job. As for Hillary, well I have only read this part. But think a lot has transpired in the previous books
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

It's always beautiful to see a character bloom from previous books into future ones. That reveals adept continuity skills on the part of the author.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Post by Tonika632 »

I didn't know this was a series... I really want to read this one, but I am so excited to hear there's more.
choco latte
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choco-latte.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by choco latte »

Hillary’s character development is phenomenal. You can see how she grew from a troubled woman to a strong mother. Hillary had a tough childhood, and it has affected her mentally, but she becomes brave and resilient for her daughter Claire. Hillary knew that she wanted to do everything for her daughter that she could not have in her childhood. She was always there for Claire whenever she needed her. I loved seeing her growth.
Faithful Oso
Currently Reading: Provoked To Anger
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Faithful Oso »

Hillary's character development is amazing. Her strength, and immeasurable love for her daughter Claire, she did everything she could so her child doesn't go through what she went through. I was impressed by her growth and transformation.
Kemmy11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemmy11.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kemmy11 »

Hillary was a strong and amazing character whose love for her daughter knows no bounds. are transformation and from a troubled woman into a strong woman was amazing. Hilary's character development was great.
ZettieOby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by ZettieOby »

Hillary' character development was wonderful. The fact that willing to explore her roots with daughter despite he trouble says a lot.
Nelson Chocha
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: G.A.S. & Dementia
Currently Reading: ABM is B2B
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-chocha.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Nelson Chocha »

Protagonist Hillary is amazing, there is always a new side of her that emerge in each book, in this book she revealed that she knows karate and she is capable of protecting her self.
SangeethaNarayan
Currently Reading: The Prophet
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sangeethanarayan.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by SangeethaNarayan »

I'm definitely intrigued by the character of the protagonist. I just checked out the official review of this book. Her relationship with her daughter Claire seems to be a very important part of the story. After reading everyone's response, I feel that this book will definitely go in my to read list.
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Samgum50 »

I think Hillary had great character development. The author made her character grow in so many ways throughout the series.
Thea Frederick
Currently Reading: Little Dorrit
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thea-frederick.html
Latest Review: How to Cope: Parenting a Child with Special Needs by Christine E. Staple Ebanks

Post by Thea Frederick »

I haven't read the other books, but within this one alone it was neat to see how, as Hillary went along, she slowly began to let go of that torturous past and memory of her mother leaving her. She also tried to make up for it in being an even better mother to Claire, but I think that made Claire a little spoiled. To be honest, I liked Claire but she kind of annoyed me. Hillary spoiling her daughter is understandable since she has some guilt she is trying o deal with from the past. Still, Claire put me off a little.
-Thea M. Frederick
Marion Jepkosgei
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marion-jepkosgei.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Marion Jepkosgei »

I loved how June brought out Hillary. As a mother whose love for Claire surpasses everything. Despite doubting herself in certain instances if she's a good mother, the fact that she does all her best not to make mistakes that were made when she was raised means a lot about her. She instills hope, something we all need in parenting.

Return to “Discuss "House of Eire" by June Gillam”