Accomplishing past goals

Use this forum to discuss the March 2020 Book of the month, "House of Eire" by June Gillam.
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Re: Accomplishing past goals

Post by Arite Seki »

moowshiri wrote: 03 May 2020, 09:41 The fact that Hillary and Roger went for their honeymoon after ten years serves as a wake-up call to all couples, that they should always strive to achieve their unaccomplished marriage goals.
It's inspiring in a way. It also goes to say that even after a while in a marriage it's never too late to reignite a spark when the feelings are still present.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

I think it was a wise decision to cull out time from their hectic schedules for a romantic getaway after ten years of marriage. All couples should make it a point of note to keep their romance alive, healthy and blooming all through the years. They don't even need to wait that long.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
docfatima
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19764">The Duke's Holiday</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-docfatima.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by docfatima »

Rather than past goals taking a honeymoon later in marriage seems to me like fulfilling a long lost dream or a way to rekindle the live and romance in a long standing stationary marriage.
even miracles take a little time. :angelic-blueglow:
shannonkate8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shannonkate8.html
Latest Review: Ivan and the Silver Seeds by Ivy Lin and Walter Sattazahn

Post by shannonkate8 »

moowshiri wrote: 03 May 2020, 09:41 The fact that Hillary and Roger went for their honeymoon after ten years serves as a wake-up call to all couples, that they should always strive to achieve their unaccomplished marriage goals.
Honestly, I would agree!
My husband and I also went on a late honeymoon, but it was 8 months not 10 years after our wedding. But we did it because it was something we wanted to do together. We have other goals and places we want to see and still strive to see them. Hopefully we will be able to get there!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

I agree. It's important to not let a marriage go stale. Doing new things as well as those dreamed about early on in the marriage can be refreshing.
choco latte
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choco-latte.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by choco latte »

Yes, marriage is teamwork, and both of them should have made more of an effort to accomplish their marriage goals. Although I understand having a child and a career is both demanding, but their personal life goals should not be sidelined for their jobs. It’s good that they both took some time off and went on their honeymoon. Giving time to their personal life and putting in the effort to keep it spicy is necessary to reinforce their love towards each other.
Faithful Oso
Currently Reading: Provoked To Anger
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Faithful Oso »

Most married couples don't understand that even after having children, their marriage shouldn't become cold, the spark and fun should still be there. I love how they still went for their honeymoon after ten years.
Kemmy11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemmy11.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kemmy11 »

The love and spark in relationships should never grow cold. as it is always important to do new things to keep the love fire burning. no matter how long it may take, doing what you have always wanted to do as couples are important. honeymoon after ten years? that is inspiring.
UzmaKhan
Currently Reading: The Woman Before Wallis
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzmakhan.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by UzmaKhan »

Indeed! With the divorce rates increasing, couples should always put efforts in spending quality time together to keep the spark alive.
abhibilala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by abhibilala »

The book focuses a lot on how to maintain a happy marriage life. The kid meeting up with his old friends was the most exciting part of the book for me.
Adeniyi+samson-
Favorite Book: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life...
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeniyi-samson.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Adeniyi+samson- »

It's truly a great lesson for couples and even those that are yet to get married as this will inspire them to achieve their aim.
ZettieOby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by ZettieOby »

You are right. We should allow children and work kill our spark or bring distance.
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Samgum50 »

True, I think that as long as a couple are willing to stick to and time to accomplish their goals together then they're on the right track.
Anindita Roy
Currently Reading: The God of Small Things
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Anindita Roy »

Totally acknowledge the fact that married couples should accomplish their past goals. Honeymoon trips play a significant role in sustaining the thrill in their relationship during their monotonous and hectic days. Relationships require an equal amount of effort from both the sides.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

There shouldn’t be a set time that a couple goes on a honeymoon! Why on earth would you have to Fit the “norm”? Yes,10 years is a long time but why not be different? I do agree that it is exciting immediately after becoming a couple but why follow in everyone else’s footsteps?

Return to “Discuss "House of Eire" by June Gillam”