Review by nbel -- Randy Love...at your service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nbel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nbel.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Review by nbel -- Randy Love...at your service

Post by nbel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Randy Love...at your service focuses on the difficulties that the main character, Randy Love, experiences when he moves out of his father's house. The book follows Randy as he struggles to earn money and establish himself in the world. The novel has comedy, romance, and fiction aspects. It is set in modern day England. It has 25 chapters and each chapter focuses on an aspect of Randy Love's life.

Randy Love is the protagonist of the novel. Randy was an unexpected child for his parents, John and Majorie, who were nearing their fifties. John and Majorie already had two children, named Heather and James, both very smart and logical. Randy was quite different when compared to his siblings. He had a happy, carefree, and hyperactive personality. John, Randy's father, often referred to him as "chip off the old block", because of Randy's good looks and charm.

Randy lacked interest in his academic life. He ventured into the world, where he had to choose a path himself. Randy was determined to make right decisions and make something of himself, but he kept finding himself in all the wrong situations. Randy was changing his job, residence, and girlfriend at an alarming speed. His intention was to earn high returns with minimal possible effort. This caused a big disruption in Randy's life. Due to his charming and manipulative personality, Randy easily changed his jobs and his girlfriends.

Shay Carter, the author of Randy Love...at your service, did an amazing job on the novel. The book was very exciting and easy to read. I found myself engaged with the story and the characters. The book was written with a very humorous manner, but portrayed some serious struggles that many young adults experience. The novel was well edited. I didn't notice any typographical or grammatical errors. Shay Carter put a lot of effort in this novel and it paid off. The book was very pleasant to read.

Some of the things that I enjoyed about the book were the tone of the book, the changes that Randy went through, and Randy's character in general. The tone of the book was humorous, pleasant, and friendly. It was very engaging. I liked that Randy was very unstable at first and had very few friends. All of the struggles that Randy went through, later taught him how to bring stability into his life and love others. I liked Randy's character, because he was flawed and very charming, which helps the reader to connect with the protagonist.

I absolutely loved Randy Love...at your service. I think this book is a good fit for young adults, as the book follows the adventures of a young man and his struggles to make a living. I would recommend this book to people that like comedy fiction and hustle characters. Overall, this book is definitely worth reading and is a very pleasant experience. I would rate it 4 out of 4.

Randy Love...at your service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like nbel's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”