Review by Enn_aaa -- Randy Love...at your service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Enn_aaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enn-aaa.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Review by Enn_aaa -- Randy Love...at your service

Post by Enn_aaa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wow! This book is a real page-turner. What a superb ride I had with this comical tale. Randy Love at your service by Shay Carter is a book that I ardently recommend to lovers of comical fiction.

John and Marjorie Love had carefully planned her family requirements which involved having only two kids with a five-year gap and Marjorie, subsequently, returning to work. However, quite unexpectedly, family planning went wrong and out came Randy Love. Heather Love, Randy’s elder sister was a Cambridge graduate with a degree in Architecture and James Love, Randy's elder brother, had pursued a career in Law. Randy, on the other hand, was a charming young man who drew ladies' attention at every corner, but he was noncommittal and lacked common sense.

Randy Love only completed three out of four years of a business degree at the University of Brighton before his attention began to drift and as such, a change of scenery in England was arranged by John Love, his father, with the hope that this would prevent Randy from getting totally sidetracked and eventually, continue his studies at Brighton with renewed vigor and complete his BA (Hons) course. Randy had quite a lot of potential, but he was only a liability to himself and everybody around him. He moved from lady to lady and couldn’t even keep an apartment. Would Randy love ever be able to make something of himself? Would his family be able to help push him on the right track?

I had a fun time reading this book. I loved how John Love was described as a ruthless salesman with the ability to sell sand to the Arabs and ice to the Eskimos. Ha! That was quite humorous. I especially loved Micheal Goddard’s character, John’s friend, the most. His sarcasm game with John’s kids was on point and it was even much more hilarious when they fell right into his game making even bigger fools of themselves.

Grammatically, this book could do with a little more work. Most of the errors were in the form of incorrect punctuations. Apart from the grammatical errors, I couldn’t find any other thing that I didn’t like about the book.

The story is well-written with a compelling storyline. Bearing this in mind, I am glad to rate Randy Love at your service 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book for those who like a good book to relax with. However, I do not recommend it for children as it has several sex scenes in it.

Randy Love...at your service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Enn_aaa's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”