Review by Life In Books -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Review by Life In Books -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Adrift by Charlie Sheldon, is a fiction packed with adventure, acts of perseverance, and sentiments. This is a story based around the lives of mariners and the extraordinary incident of a ship.

Seattle Express is a huge cargo ship which catches fire on the North Pacific Ocean. There are around twenty people on the ship who board two separate life-boats to save their lives. But, one of the life-boats goes adrift. What is the future holding for the passengers on this life-boat? Would they be able to face the ocean in the chilling days of winter on an adrift boat? You will get the answer in this standalone novel from a series of two books.

The story also has a side with the characters belonging to the family members of the lost mariners. There are a lot of emotions you would witness in this part of the story. The family members would do their best to take care of the situation. There is also a team of mariners, that has the task to bring back the wrecked ship to the shore. The challenges faced by the family members and the rescue team add more thrill to the story.

I loved this adventurous story with a lot of emotions. The pace of the story kept me turning the pages without giving a second thought. Charlie Sheldon has written the story from the perspective of a seaman which you would feel while reading this book. He has used a few jargons probably used by seamen, in the story. However, it would not distract you as a reader. Charlie has written this book in an intriguing way and simple language.

There are a lot of characters in this read, but all have been put together very well throughout the story. In contrary to the number of characters, each character has been developed quite well. I loved the way Charlie has portrayed the emotions of the characters. There are varied characters with different temperaments. You will find varieties like love, humor, and tense moments in this story.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. There are a few editing errors, but the book seems to be professionally edited. I recommend this book to anyone who loves an adventurous and emotional story. Charlie has used his experience as seaman quite wisely while writing this fast-paced story of the lives of mariners and their family members.

Adrift
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Life In Books's review? Post a comment saying so!
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Vtonionline
Favorite Author: Charlie Sheldon
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading: Prophase
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vtonionline.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 76074

Post by Vtonionline »

I find your review very inviting. Now i just want to read "Adrift ". Thanks
ElizaBeth Adams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-adams.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Door by Haley Quinn

Post by ElizaBeth Adams »

Thank you for your review. I love that the author has used his experience out on the sea to influence his writing topics. It sounds like I would feel confident in his ability to help me experience the story.
Echo Haapala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echo-haapala.html
Latest Review: Poseidon's Eye by Trisha O'Keefe

Post by Echo Haapala »

Great review. I thought all of the characters were developed really well too!
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I thought that this book would follow up on the events in the first book of the series, Strong Heart, but I see from your review that it's a completely different story.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”