Chaos Walking

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
iamthecircle
Bookshelf Size: 0

Chaos Walking

Post by iamthecircle »

I was wondering: has anyone else on here read The Knife of Never Letting Go or any of the other Chaos Walking books by Patrick Ness? They're my favorite books, and I was hoping to discuss them with others.
jack7878
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jack7878 »

Michael Caine as Harry Palmer in the Len Deighton novels.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

I have read all of the Chaos Walking books and I agree! This series is by far one of my favorite series. I loved how original the idea was in the first place and the characters are also likable and relatable. The plot for all three books is just impeccably written!
My favorite book in the series has got to be the second one called The Ask and The Answer because throughout the book just like how the 2 main characters don't know who to trust, neither do you, the reader.
Patrick Ness is a gifted writer. All of the books that I have read by him are all great.
Hannah47123
Currently Reading: Monsters of Men
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reading Device: B071SF41Y9

Post by Hannah47123 »

I have read the first two and am currently trying to read the last one! I love this serious and the last book even pushed me to tears. I love the concept and ideas behind it but for some reason the last book isn't pulling me along like the others did which is unfortunate because I was hope that they were all going to be as good as the first one.
I love how they capture the 'noise' throughout the book with the different texts and how this text makes it seem so horrific and different and almost like you are listening to it for yourself. Moving on to how the book almost seems to just be Tod's stream of consciousness with no breaks or stops and frequent words that are incorrect; I love how the book is written and it definitely grasps the reader. The book has received numerous awards like the Guardian's child fiction prize and shown up in the best of 2008 novel list.
It is a great book and one I would definitely advise others to read.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”