Official Review: Shattered Moon by Renata Lanzoni

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Re: Official Review: Shattered Moon by Renata Lanzoni

Post by Alice Heritage »

KristyKhem wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 07:25 Great review! I read and reviewed this one a few weeks ago and I rated it 3/4 as well because of the errors. It liked the unique location she chose for the book. Also glad that the sale of the book is going towards a worthy cause.
Absolutely! I didn't realize this had been around before; I will check out your review. Thanks for commenting!
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 07:48
KristyKhem wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 07:25 Great review! I read and reviewed this one a few weeks ago and I rated it 3/4 as well because of the errors. It liked the unique location she chose for the book. Also glad that the sale of the book is going towards a worthy cause.
Absolutely! I didn't realize this had been around before; I will check out your review. Thanks for commenting!
My review wasn't published but I got points for it. I'm not sure if you will be able to find it if it wasn't published :( I remember reading that the proceeds from the sale of the book would go to Amici di casa Mihiri - an organization that helps kids and women who have suffered domestic abuse. Readers can also sponsor a child in Sri Lanka by donating towards their education. (I googled them after I read the book) :D
Alice Heritage
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily

Post by Alice Heritage »

KristyKhem wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 08:04
ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 07:48
My review wasn't published but I got points for it. I'm not sure if you will be able to find it if it wasn't published :( I remember reading that the proceeds from the sale of the book would go to Amici di casa Mihiri - an organization that helps kids and women who have suffered domestic abuse. Readers can also sponsor a child in Sri Lanka by donating towards their education. (I googled them after I read the book) :D
No wonder I couldn't find it! Shame the mistakes weren't corrected after that! And yes, good about the charity.
Mod
skindrukas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skindrukas.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by skindrukas »

I enjoyed reading your review! Very well written! An intriguing book. I couldn't say I was in similar situation. Maybe close... Sometimes it's really difficult to see through your own excuses given to other people. Why does our mind do that, I wonder?..
The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers. --- Matsuo Basho
Jessacardinal
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessacardinal.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jessacardinal »

I love how you use the Jekyll and Hyde comparison in your review. The book sounds captivating!
"Let's be reasonable and add an eighth day to the week that is devoted exclusively to reading." - Lena Dunham
Alice Heritage

Post by Alice Heritage »

skindrukas wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 09:33 I enjoyed reading your review! Very well written! An intriguing book. I couldn't say I was in similar situation. Maybe close... Sometimes it's really difficult to see through your own excuses given to other people. Why does our mind do that, I wonder?..
I guess we want to see the good in people. IMO there's also a gender dynamic - women are conditioned to take care of men's feelings and disregard their own.

Thanks for reading and commenting!
Mod
skindrukas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skindrukas.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by skindrukas »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 15:05
skindrukas wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 09:33 I enjoyed reading your review! Very well written! An intriguing book. I couldn't say I was in similar situation. Maybe close... Sometimes it's really difficult to see through your own excuses given to other people. Why does our mind do that, I wonder?..
I guess we want to see the good in people. IMO there's also a gender dynamic - women are conditioned to take care of men's feelings and disregard their own.

Thanks for reading and commenting!
Your welcome!
And yes, I agree with you. And I believe women learn eventually to take car of themselves but that is often against our nature...
The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers. --- Matsuo Basho
Nyambura Githui
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyambura-githui.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nyambura Githui »

It's a great review. I think Maddy wanted to feel important and loved that's why she ignored the red flags, making excuses for Kiri's actions in her mind. One should really get to know the people they are committing to.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Sometimes, loneliness can make a smart woman a dupe when an attractive male showers her with attention. While we should know better, that is easier said than done.

I am sorry to hear about your and Sahani's sad stories; I have my own to tell. Ah, misery loves company, no?
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Great review! Maddy seems to have fallen prey to the charms of young Kiri. I don't remember what this is called, where a woman is attracted to a flawed person mostly because she believes she can heal him with love. I guess this book described something akin to that. I am not sure I would like the book, but I enjoyed the review! Thanks!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The book sounds interesting. I feel sorry about the experience that Maddy faced with a mentally sick man. I enjoyed your review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Alice Heritage

Post by Alice Heritage »

Nyambura Githui wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 17:20 It's a great review. I think Maddy wanted to feel important and loved that's why she ignored the red flags, making excuses for Kiri's actions in her mind. One should really get to know the people they are committing to.
Yes, it was like that. Thank you for reading and commenting.
Mod
Alice Heritage

Post by Alice Heritage »

Nyambura Githui wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 17:20 It's a great review. I think Maddy wanted to feel important and loved that's why she ignored the red flags, making excuses for Kiri's actions in her mind. One should really get to know the people they are committing to.
Yes, it was like that. Thank you for reading and commenting.
Mod
Bianka Walter
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

I love it when a character drags me right into the story. It's very rare these days that I can find a lead character that I feel real empathy for. I'm sorry that you have empathy because you had a similar experience, though.
Loved your review :)
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

This is a hard topic to write about. I commend the author for her courage to share her story. Hopefully, others will see themselves and realize there is a way out. Thanks so much for your review and for sharing your own personal experiences. Glad you're in a better place now!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”