Review by Gabriela_Lara21 -- McDowell by William H. Coles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Gabriela_Lara21
Favorite Book: Donde habitan los ángeles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriela-lara21.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review by Gabriela_Lara21 -- McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Gabriela_Lara21 » 30 Dec 2018, 20:41

[Following is a volunteer review of "McDowell" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

McDowell tells us the story about Hiram Mcdowell,an egotistical, egocentric, misogynistic and very successful surgeon who's got everything he wished for in a very questionable way. Life starts to shifts Mcdowell's faith when his grandson goes on a spree killing and then fails to kill himself, which ultimately puts Mcdowell in a predicament that forces him to leave everything behind and start a new life. He finally will have to endure a journey to connect with the most basic sense of humanity in himself.

The author told the story in such a way that keeps you hooked from begging to the end, which is admirable considering that the main character is despicable.

The purpose is to reflect that ambition can destroy the soul of a man and how failure can be his redemption. The thing I liked the most about this book is that the development feels very natural.

In terms of presentation, this book looks professionally edited; the illustrations suit very well with the main theme and the personality of McDowell.The overall style was clean and minimalistic.

I liked the fonts, they were easy to read and I didn't notice any mistakes in grammar or spelling. This book is definitely oriented to a mature audience; the theme of the story and the language that McDowell uses to describe women or people can be disturbing to sensible or younger readers.

I loved this book, it kept me super immersed in the story. What I liked the most was the reflection it gives about to find a balance in all the aspects of our lives.

McDowell definitely is worthy of a four stars review, so I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

It's a reflexive and smart well-written fiction novel which I recommend to anyone who loves life superation histories.

McDowell
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Gabriela_Lara21's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”