Official Review: As the Journey Begins by George Mills

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Official Review: As the Journey Begins by George Mills

Post by Mercelle »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "As the Journey Begins" by George Mills.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As the Journey Begins by George Mills is a non-fiction book with elements of inspiration. The author pours his heart out while dishing valuable advice that would benefit anyone.

The author is on a quest to find a soulmate who's as beautiful as a wildflower. He has high expectations and is disappointed with the caliber of women in the dating market. He wants a God-fearing and virtuous woman who fits the description of Proverbs 31. He's also family oriented and wants a partner with the same priorities. He provides snippets of his childhood life and narrates some of the experiences that have shaped him to become who he is.

The author calls out inappropriate behavior without pointing fingers. I like that he doesn't condemn those who disobey God's word. He, however, advised that people should strive for integrity in every aspect of their lives. He's committed to his word and states that he would never ask a woman for sex unless he was married to her. From his explanations, readers can gauge themselves to see where they rank on the morality scale. Because the content is Christian oriented, the author includes Bible verses to back up his viewpoint.

The book consists of brief chapters which often read as stand-alone. The author's wit manifests in the words because he presents the content in a strict but thought-provoking manner. His spirit of adventure is evident. He went on a desert voyage, which led him to fall in love with an unnamed woman. He always asked God to point him in the direction of the right life partner and even when he was in the middle of nowhere, his faith never waned. He serves as an excellent example to believers because his life experiences are relatable. The author also iterates the true meaning of salvation and worship. He advises that people should put more thought into holidays like Easter and celebrate them in Spirit. I liked that he pointed this out because the number of believers keeps shrinking, and fewer people celebrate these holidays according to Christian tradition.

In the first quarter of the book, the author kept referring to a journey which never seemed to commence. I was frustrated at first but relieved when later on, he narrated the desert adventure. The bits about his personal life aren't the focus of the book, but he uses them for emphasis. The most disappointing thing is that the book contains multiple errors (mostly awkwardly worded sentences and misspelled words). These detracted from the reading experience, and a round of editing will eliminate them. For this reason, I will award this book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I'll recommend it to those who are embarking on a religious quest, those who are looking to strengthen their Christian faith, and anyone looking for a philosophical read.

As the Journey Begins
View: on Bookshelves

Like Mercy Bolo's review? Post a comment saying so!
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

The book seems to be an inspiring read for Christians who want to strengthen their faith. The author's advices also seem relatable. Thanks for an awesome review.
owiezeek
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by owiezeek »

Food for though .. I believe all Christian should read this.... Well said . thank you
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I am thankful to have found a great Christian partner myself. It seems like this would still be inspiring to read, though. It would be useful for encouragement in the faith. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”