Official Review: Niamh by Gary Hope

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Re: Official Review: Niamh by Gary Hope

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

The book that gives the reader all sorts of emotions, such as laughing and crying is a must read, and the fact that this is a romance book (one of my favourite genres) makes it appealing.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Rosemary Khathibe wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 03:23 The book that gives the reader all sorts of emotions, such as laughing and crying is a must read, and the fact that this is a romance book (one of my favourite genres) makes it appealing.
This is an enjoyable read. Thanks for commenting!
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

I like when a book tries to broaden the knowledge of readers by painting the picture of a particular place in the reader's mind; in this case, Ireland. I like that the story is well developed with relatable characters and circumstances.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

T_stone wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 21:26 I like when a book tries to broaden the knowledge of readers by painting the picture of a particular place in the reader's mind; in this case, Ireland. I like that the story is well developed with relatable characters and circumstances.
I agree. This book does these things quite well. I hope you will be able to read it and experience these things for yourself! Thanks for commenting.
Nisha Ward
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Oh nice. I do wonder if Mark and Niamh are reunited in the end or if their happily ever afters are with other people.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Nisha Ward wrote: 26 Aug 2019, 07:43 Oh nice. I do wonder if Mark and Niamh are reunited in the end or if their happily ever afters are with other people.
This is a lovely story. Hope you get a chance to read and enjoy it. Thanks for commenting.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I can see it already, the small town where everyone knows everyone's affairs and meddles. The review made me chuckle, I am sure this will be an entertaining read for those who like romance. Kudos to the author for the good editing.
William Miruka 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-william-miruka-1.html
Latest Review: The One by Tyler Cook

Post by William Miruka 1 »

Seems like a really nice book from the short sample I've read. Frankly, I am not into Romance but the whole setting seems intriguing and I'll definitely add this my catalogue of books to read.
Latest Review: The One by Tyler Cook
Osungbohun Samuel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Osungbohun Samuel »

The dialogues between the citizens seem like a family conversation. The author pulls you into the daily routine of this small town
Chitra Ayengar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitra-ayengar.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Chitra Ayengar »

A well written and well developed small town story where everyone knows everyone's business. Nimah is a stroy where drama and passion come together. Mark and Nimah meet and get seperated immediately afterwards. Mark initiates a search for her but she eludes him. Does Mark find her? Thanks for the detailed review.
Aang Krishna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ni-ketut-anggraeni.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Aang Krishna »

Passion and drama come together to elicit laughters and tears. That is very attractive and enganged my attention. I love to know more about Ireland. Thank you for amazing review. Congratulation for the reviewer and author. GBU.
:techie-studying gray: keep reading book and always happy
Olaseni ademide
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olaseni-ademide.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Olaseni ademide »

This romance novel is on to read, and I like that This novel also expands the reader’s knowledge of Ireland. I'm amused that mark travels round the country and introduces the audience to different historical sites. Congratulations on BOTD.
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: Playing Chess with Bulls by Sarah P. Blanchard

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

This is an easy to read novel about an average type of a guy, doing normal everyday activities, in an ordinary place, in Ireland. Yet a meeting between him and a young lady, (Niamh), seems to rise above the normal and becomes a life changing, almost mystical, encounter. After their accidental first meeting neither could put the other out of their minds.

The reader is eager to know if they ever do meet again and this makes the book a good page-turner.
Last edited by Rebecca De Figueiredo on 15 Jan 2024, 07:44, edited 1 time in total.
Olga Markova
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Olga Markova »

I sampled the episode of Marc's meet-and-greet with Niamh and their afternoon together, and I enjoyed every moment. Your review suggests that there is a lot more romance to expect from this novel, and I agree that the intrigue sounds superb. I also agree with your all-stars rating because the sample felt like a perfect read.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

This detailed and helpful review of "Niamh" by Gary Hope evokes strong emotions with its passion and drama. The well-developed story, engaging characters, and enchanting Irish setting make it a worthwhile addition to any library. The reviewer's 4 out of 4 star rating and recommendation indicate it may motivate readers to buy and enjoy the book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”