Official Review: Niamh by Gary Hope

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Official Review: Niamh by Gary Hope

Post by kdstrack »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Niamh" by Gary Hope.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Niamh, by Gary Hope, is classified as other fiction. This novel will give your heart an emotional workout. Passion and drama come together to elicit laughter and tears.

Paul Alfred wanted to forget his past life in North Carolina. He escaped to Europe, where he settled in Ireland. Paul changed his name to Mark McCarty. He began to explore his new country. One outing put him in contact with a beautiful Irish woman. Niamh made Mark’s heart sing. He fell head over heels in love with her. As suddenly as Mark and Niamh met, circumstances separated them. Mark then initiated a desperate search for Niamh, who name means, "the girl from the sea".

Mark refuses to admit defeat in his efforts to locate Niamh. She persistently eludes all his efforts to locate her. Other women begin to pursue Mark. Niamh, too, abandons all hope of finding Mark. She establishes a romantic relationship with a man from her hometown. Meanwhile, several other secondary characters find love. Mark’s boss, Ailin, emigrates to North Carolina where he meets Gabriella. An online romance provides fodder for town gossip. Will these relationships continue or will hearts be broken?

The setting is a small town where everyone meddles in everyone else’s business. This elicits tense and humorous situations. The dialogues between the citizens seem like a family conversation. The author pulls you into the daily routine of this small town. Readers become emotionally involved in all the romantic drama.

This is a well-written and well-developed story. The author does a superb job of designing situations that make you gasp, cry, cheer, and laugh. Well-developed secondary characters add intrigue to the story. An omniscient third-person point of view embeds the reader inside the various relationships.

The vivid descriptions of the various historical sites strengthen the appeal of the setting. Gary Hope builds a romantic wonderland with captivating descriptions of Ireland. Mark travels around the country and introduces the reader to various landmarks. Historical locations, including Croagh Patrick, the Rock of Cashel, and Ashford Castle impress and intrigue. The author interjects leprechauns and castles, mountains and seashores to create an enchanted ambiance.

I am happy to award this book 4 out of 4 stars. Minimal grammar errors heighten the enjoyment of this novel. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys romance novels. This novel also expands the reader’s knowledge of Ireland. Gary Hope incorporates substantial cultural and historical information in this novel. I enjoyed researching several of the sites mentioned in the story.

Niamh
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kdstrack's review? Post a comment saying so!
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Romance is not my taste. But I enjoyed your review. Thank you 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Sushan wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 08:51 Romance is not my taste. But I enjoyed your review. Thank you 👍👍
Thanks for reading.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

I've never been to Ireland, but my dad has. He loves it. I would definitely like to hear more about Ireland. This sounds like a great romance. I hope the two do find each other again. Thank you for the review!
:tiphat:
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Book Lover 35 wrote: 23 Nov 2018, 01:55 I've never been to Ireland, but my dad has. He loves it. I would definitely like to hear more about Ireland. This sounds like a great romance. I hope the two do find each other again. Thank you for the review!
This author includes many exquisite descriptions of the countryside. It made an appropriate setting for the story. Hope you will have a chance to read it. Thanks for reading.
Kristy Khem
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

This mystical, Irish romance sounds like a book I would love to read! Your review sealed the deal, I'll be getting this one for sure :)
inaramid
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

I love this line from your opening paragraph: "This novel will give your heart an emotional workout." The setting and the characters seem to make this a worthwhile read. Thanks for this review!
gen_g
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This sounds like a beautiful read. I do enjoy romance novels, so I will put this on my to-read list. Thanks for the review!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm not normally into romance but the small town setting in Ireland makes this intriguing. I'd be curious to see if it's clean. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

KristyKhem wrote: 23 Nov 2018, 22:32 This mystical, Irish romance sounds like a book I would love to read! Your review sealed the deal, I'll be getting this one for sure :)
Hope you like it. It touched my heart from the very beginning.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

inaramid wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 02:45 I love this line from your opening paragraph: "This novel will give your heart an emotional workout." The setting and the characters seem to make this a worthwhile read. Thanks for this review!
I laughed and cried with this story. Forget the gym! I'll just read the rest of this author's works!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

gen_g wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 03:19 This sounds like a beautiful read. I do enjoy romance novels, so I will put this on my to-read list. Thanks for the review!
Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for reading.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

kandscreeley wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 11:45 I'm not normally into romance but the small town setting in Ireland makes this intriguing. I'd be curious to see if it's clean. Thanks for the review.
It is clean. That made it more enjoyable. The story concentrates on the emotional bonds and relationships. Hope you have a chance to check it out.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 959
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

Ireland is a beautiful country, and I love reading a good romance.

Thank you for the great review.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Kajori50 wrote: 27 Nov 2018, 09:02 Ireland is a beautiful country, and I love reading a good romance.

Thank you for the great review.
This book is perfect for you!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”