Review by Sanashiii -- McDowell by William H. Coles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Sanashiii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanashiii.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Review by Sanashiii -- McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Sanashiii » 15 Nov 2018, 09:38

[Following is a volunteer review of "McDowell" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

McDowell” by William H. Coles tells us what will happen if we continue our prideful and selfish actions and decisions. In this novel, we follow the life of Hiram – a selfish and arrogant surgeon whose eyes are only set on success and his children. Hiram has qualms for beings which he thinks are lesser than him, such as a person who fulfilled their roles as sponsors or allies that raised him to fame or even as a wife. He doesn’t care of anything except his children. As the time flows and his work grows, he was highly regarded and praised in his good works. He considered himself as a great man, spending his time in women with high level of beauties and his love with mountain climbing.

Hiram was on the path of greatness but due to his arrogance, an epic fall from grace is no surprise at all. He losses everything when his grandson commits murder and fails his suicide attempt, which leaves him paralyzed. But his boy died in an unusual circumstances and Hiram got convicted for a second-degree murder which lead his life in the prison. Such a life changing event as I can say, at this point the Hiram we all know as an arrogant and selfish person exists no more. He escapes from prison and lives as a fugitive. Crossing places to places, living unostentatiously in each location. Hiram was forced to embrace the essence of humanity by harsh means. Will he change for the greater good? Can he really find redemption?

At the beginning of the story, I really don’t think much about the protagonist. There was nothing important in him, just a normal guy who loves his work and family (for the third time). But as I continue, I am amazed how this character moved, instead of myself angry about his actions, I found myself sympathizing his deeds. This is a story of a man covered with fame and lost it all in just a blink of an eye. This is not where it ends, he will try to rise again, exploring what is essential to human nature this time. No more Mr. Pride and Mr. Selfish this time!

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. The prologue is intriguing in my opinion and the plot is so good to be rated. The characters have their own unique lines, I can feel their variations from one another. The conversations are well written. I was really hyped reading this until the last part. No shortcomings and hanging parts as I read through it. And surprisingly, I did not found any errors.

I recommend this book for everyone! We all need to know what are the consequences of our actions. This novel is filled with lessons that we can apply in our daily life. It has its own set of characters, amazing plot lines that will surely be useful for us, to improve ourselves. Be sure to check this one out, it has a message that will surely open your eyes.

McDowell
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Sanashiii's review? Post a comment saying so!

Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: Call Her Miss Ross
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa » 22 Nov 2018, 10:38

Ah! what an amazing story you have chosen for reviewing it. There are many aspects of the personality of Hiram McDowell like his work, his hardwork, his children and his interests in money. He is like a machine for making money and growing his repute but he is ignorant and totally careless towards the women. I also have given the review for the same book and it got published. So i like it the most.

Sanashiii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanashiii.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by Sanashiii » 23 Nov 2018, 12:13

Fozia-Bajwa wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 10:38
Ah! what an amazing story you have chosen for reviewing it. There are many aspects of the personality of Hiram McDowell like his work, his hardwork, his children and his interests in money. He is like a machine for making money and growing his repute but he is ignorant and totally careless towards the women. I also have given the review for the same book and it got published. So i like it the most.
That's great for you ! Let's all have fun reading. :D

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”