Official Review: Carry the Moon Across the Sky

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: Carry the Moon Across the Sky

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Carry the Moon Across the Sky" by Jillian Rose.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Carry the Moon across the Sky by Jillian Rose is a deeply touching romance novel on spiritual awareness, connection and awakening.

When Selena first meets Arun, everything she is capable of feeling in the name of love comes alive in her. For some reason, she feels like he is someone she has met before. Arun later doubts that they are ready for each other in the period that is to follow their first meeting. When they part, Selena goes through a process of loss as she sheds her past and readies herself to receive the new even as she continues to yearn for Arun. Days turn into months but still, she is unable to forget him. She feels a deeper connection with him, one she has never known before or even known to exist.

The descriptions in the book are simply mesmerizing and they contain an unusual ability to enchant. Every feeling of hope, pain and loss is accentuated and explored in an in-depth manner. Jillian Rose presents the ordinary, the extraordinary and everything in between as she captures Selena’s journey towards self-discovery and spiritual awakening. The quotes present at the beginning of each chapter further emphasize the messages contained in Carry the Moon across the Sky.

Another great feature of the book is that the characters are kept at a minimum which deepens the reader’s level of connection with them. As the main character, Selena is adeptly described from her physical elements to her thoughts and spiritual side. Arun also appears in many parts of the book sometimes as a reflection of love while in other parts, he appears hesitant and cold. The supporting characters also fit into their roles well without crowding the deep themes in the book. The plot is slow which allowed me to take in each scene and description.

The content is also well organized. The structure encompasses three parts that reflect each stage of Selena’s journey. In the first, she meets Arun and discovers her ability to connect with someone else in a remarkable way. In the second part, the impact of her loss and her excruciating pain is felt across the pages which also mark the beginning of her spiritual renascence. The third part continues her journey into further awakening.

It also helped that the book is expertly written and edited. Carry the Moon across the Sky is a delightful read for any reader looking for a deeply moving romance story. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

Carry the Moon Across the Sky
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
ghosh_dj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by ghosh_dj »

The book cover and the title appealed to me. Apart from being a romance novel, this book also seems to delve into the subject of spiritual awakening. I like romance novels, but right now, I am not up for an intense read. Hence, I will pass. Thanks for the review!
fredrick otieno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-otieno.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by fredrick otieno »

I believe love is more spiritual than physical and so i do agree with the angle and the authors point view.
Franc93
Currently Reading: Demon
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-franc93.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Franc93 »

The one thing that first struck me and which i was in awe of, was the title and the cover. I believe the author struck gold with that one. Your review was fantastic. It gave me a deeper understanding of the book and a clear reason as to why it has been rated 4 stars.
"Are you going to sit there and feel sorry for yourself, or are you going to reshuffle those cards life dealt you."- Stick
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I love that the characters are kept at a minimum. That helps to relate better to the ones that are in the book. Still, this isn't my genre, and it sounds a bit too spiritual for me. I'm glad that you enjoyed it, though. Thanks so much for your review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
zainabu93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainabu93.html
Latest Review: Effective Leaders and Leadership by Mildred Stallworth

Post by zainabu93 »

I have not read many romance novels but I am planning to read this one to see how I can carry the moon across the sky.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

Thank you for your beautiful review. I love romantic novels. You made this one seem very interesting.
Nusrat_Shabnam_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nusrat-shabnam.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Nusrat_Shabnam_ »

The name doesn't look like a romantic novel. But since it is, so I would give it a try. Thanks!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”